Board logo

wiring loom
Bouldy - 30/11/05 at 11:51 AM

does anyone know the best place i can get a full sierra loom from?.

Contact number would be ace

Thanks

Paul

serendipity123 - 30/11/05 at 11:58 AM

a scrapyard ?
vickygreen ?

James - 30/11/05 at 12:39 PM

Do you mean a loom for an actual Sierra?

If so then a scrap yard I'd have thought. But it'll be a nightmare- there's loads of bit you can't extract as they pass through the roof/pillars etc. and have connectors on the end.

Or do you mean a loom for a Sierra based kit car? If so then the loom by Premier Wiring is by far the best.
http://www.premierwiring.co.uk

Hope that helps,
James

[Edited on 30/11/05 by James]

Bouldy - 30/11/05 at 01:14 PM

Hi James, thanks for your help. Yes, im after a full sierra loom for my MK converting from a bec back to cec (V8). rather than splice all the wires that are already there i may aswell get a full loom and start again. and yes scrap yard to much hassle would rather buy a new one. again thanks for the website

Paul

donut - 30/11/05 at 03:22 PM

James is correct, Premier are the best. I have had 2 and they are top quality and far too cheap for what they are in my opinion but that can only be a good thing!

Bouldy - 30/11/05 at 05:11 PM

Thanks donut, i assume the loom would
include everything that needs wiring?. i have had a look on there web site and there are 2 and 4 piece looms. i assume a 4 piece covers all electrics front to rear??

bob - 30/11/05 at 05:18 PM

I had the 4 piece loom from premier wiring,they are front loom rear loom dash loom and the engine loom supply.

Bouldy - 30/11/05 at 05:30 PM

thanks for the info . looks like the credit card is going to come out "again"

donut - 30/11/05 at 05:44 PM

Phone in the morning as Alan is hard to get hold of any other time.

Good luck.