Board logo

One of those mornings...
r1_pete - 23/12/08 at 01:10 PM

Get into the garage nice and early to start work on the manifold for my throttle bodies....

Angle grinder burns out, not a problem only a netto £10 job, and had another anyway...

Finish manifold off, leave it to cool and do a bit of paint prep, DA sander packs up - now that was expensive and I'm pretty pi$$ed off.

Manifold has cooled anyway so I'll offer it up to the spare head..... I've only welded it together back to front

I'm off to the pub

[Edited on 23/12/08 by r1_pete] Rescued attachment aaarrgggg.JPG
Rescued attachment aaarrgggg.JPG

Mr Whippy - 23/12/08 at 01:16 PM

back to front!! sorry PMSL!

zilspeed - 23/12/08 at 01:34 PM

Oh, that's happened before.

No names, no pack drill etc...

(And, it wasn't me.)

vindicator - 23/12/08 at 01:36 PM

thank goodness I can't weld!!!!!

John Bonnett - 23/12/08 at 01:44 PM

Pete, my heart goes out to you, I can really relate to your problems particularly the last straw of welding up back to front. I often think that if there is a wrong way to do something I'll do it and invariably the job is as good as you could do, nice welds well finished but no good. Your heart just sinks. as for equipment packing up, I've had that too. I've got hundreds of rivets to set and my 18 month old compressor has given up the ghost. In sympathy, the hand jobby packed up too.

Let's be thankful that not every day is as bad as this.

atb

John

jabbahutt - 23/12/08 at 01:45 PM

Not nice when it seems everything is conspiring against you.

Danozeman - 23/12/08 at 05:24 PM

Bad luck matey. When i did mine i checked it about 10 times to make sure i didnt do it back to front.

Have several bears and all will be well!!

David Jenkins - 23/12/08 at 06:45 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Danozeman
Have several bears and all will be well!!

Grizzly? Polar? Teddy?

...I'll get me coat!

r1_pete - 23/12/08 at 09:20 PM

Thanks David thats restored a smile.....

Sod it it can stay on carbs, anyone want a set of GSXR600 Throttle bodies, and a manifold which places them inside the engine......

David Jenkins - 23/12/08 at 09:41 PM

You're welcome!

And don't worry - I think everybody's made exactly the same mistake, once or twice!