Board logo

11 Sales in 9 weeks
stevebubs - 27/12/08 at 06:59 PM

But Chris puts it better than me

minitici - 27/12/08 at 07:07 PM

Can we combine all the sales discounts
I think they should then be paying us to take them off their hands!
To be fair I did actually buy a discounted pedal box from OBP and very good it was too

P.S. - can I have more discount for this endorsement?

David Jenkins - 27/12/08 at 07:10 PM

It's easy to tease OBP - but they do pay for the right to advertise, which helps the forum to survive. A few people have also said nice things about their products.

So, they may sound like DFS, but don't be too hard on them!

johnston - 27/12/08 at 07:19 PM

You think thats bad my old work had been selling pallet trucks at special offer of £150 for something like 5 years. Then they started getting off another supplier.

Special offer of £165

The reason I got was If they were from their franchise (hyster) they would be £300+ and it was classed as a special offer because there was less mark up on them than anything else they sold!!

Richard Quinn - 27/12/08 at 07:22 PM

Well, they pay for Trader status and actively use it so fair play to them. They don't hide behind a false name and the title generally tells you enough that you don't have to read it if you don't want to. The stuff I got from them was fine and a good price too.

StevieB - 27/12/08 at 09:03 PM

Easy to criticise, but they're running a business in a difficult climate - something I can relate to very closely and if my business was retail related, then I'd be having all sorts of sales to try and drum up some business too.

stevebubs - 27/12/08 at 09:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by StevieB
Easy to criticise, but they're running a business in a difficult climate - something I can relate to very closely and if my business was retail related, then I'd be having all sorts of sales to try and drum up some business too.

True - but there comes a point when you advertise a sale so often, no-one will buy your products except when the sale is actually on....

IMHO it would be far better to put a blanket "10% off to locostbuilders users" and perhaps bump their post up once a week...either by posting a reply to the thread or deleting and reposting...

blakep82 - 28/12/08 at 02:33 PM

I'm not sure its any concern of ours, how OBP do thier marketing. if they want a sale every day, thats up to them

prawnabie - 28/12/08 at 03:04 PM

Every time I see one of those adverts it makes me blow a gasket lol! I've had a few problems with them that I am still waiting for them to sort out!

Other than that they are paying to advertise so tbf I just ignore them!