Board logo

Dutton Bodywork replacement??
MakeEverything - 4/5/09 at 08:02 PM

Well ive done some research and this is the only other place i can try next....

Does anyone know if there is a body that will fit the Dutton to replace it ugliness?
I was thinking a fury or something similar, welll, anything really as long as it doesnt look as ugly as it does.

MakeEverything - 4/5/09 at 08:03 PM

oh, dimensions are:

rear wheels 5' 3" wide
front wheels 4' 11"
Wheelbase is 7' 2"
and has running boards currently.

mr henderson - 4/5/09 at 09:10 PM

Dutton did make several different cars, perhaps you should say which is the one you have.

mookaloid - 4/5/09 at 09:11 PM

I'd be suprised if there's anything out there that is a straight fit to the dutton chassis with no mods.

Why not get hold of something you like the look of and make it fit?

iank - 4/5/09 at 09:14 PM

Don't know of anything off the shelf, but these have come up before.

This used to be a Dutton
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?action=attachment&tid=32435&pid=268299

On the dutton forums there is/was a guy remodeling his Dutton pretty extensively.
http://www.godspeed.me/forums/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=881&sid=280242097116d70c0c953bc94b90eebe

MakeEverything - 5/5/09 at 08:41 AM

LOVIN THIS HERE

[Edited on 5/5/09 by MakeEverything]

Sebastian - 5/5/09 at 02:39 PM

I am also looking for some different bodywork for the dutton and i also came across this one and i also like the look of it.

It seems he used the scuttle and a part of the bonnet.

I will have a closer look and see how much work this will be to make, i think it's going to be a lot off hours.

MakeEverything - 5/5/09 at 04:07 PM

Let me know if you make a decent plug or mold!

Sebastian - 5/5/09 at 04:18 PM

Ha ha ha i was thinking exactly the same when i looked at the german car, who has the adress of this guy.

paulf - 5/5/09 at 09:58 PM

Isnt this normally done by keeping the VIN plate and throwing the rest away?
Paul.

MakeEverything - 9/5/09 at 07:03 PM

Well,
Its an S3 Phaeton Mr Henderson. Sorry, i didnt spot your question before.

I bought it today, so ive got a bit of work to do before the body scenario. Ive managed to get someone interested in making a body for around £600 so far!

May be worth looking at a modified fury body if anyone has a spare i can modify?

jonno - 9/5/09 at 08:47 PM

How about a Legerra shell ?, the chassis are very similar so should not be too hard to fit Rescued attachment Legerra red.JPG
Rescued attachment Legerra red.JPG