Board logo

Finally on the ground for the first time
C10CoryM - 17/5/09 at 07:36 PM

Well, I finally got the little pig on the the ground for the first time yesterday. Only one wheel is the correct size so it looks funny but at least its a roller. Or it would be if I could find the right C-clips for my rear axle (impossible to buy, beg or steal).

Learned a few things:
-Need one more steering shaft support heim. Too much flex.
-Steering is light which is good as I like a lot of caster. However the ratio may be a little slower than I wanted. Close enough to try though.
-have lots of steering angle before the rim hits the A-arm
-My wheels are too short to get the body proportions I wanted. Oh well, the cost of running a cheap tire size.
-I don't think I am going to be able to run rear exit exhaust. My engine is very buzzy at higher rpms so I wanted to shut it up as much as possible.

Anyhow, a good feeling to finally have a car instead of just a chassis. The only down point is I am running out if cheap things to do so saving money is imminent.

Some pics.

Miks15 - 17/5/09 at 07:39 PM

looking good... and be prepared for alot of...

Your steering wheels on the wrong side!

tomgregory2000 - 17/5/09 at 07:41 PM

Suspension might be a little firm
Looks good
Mmmmmmmm supercharged V8

wilkingj - 17/5/09 at 07:42 PM

What engine is that in there?

Looks good so far.

Benzine - 17/5/09 at 07:45 PM

Andybarbet - 17/5/09 at 09:01 PM

Wow ! Big garage

speedyxjs - 18/5/09 at 06:10 AM

Nice
Your drive belt seems a tad loose

l0rd - 18/5/09 at 08:37 AM

What is that in the tranny tunel?

l0rd - 18/5/09 at 09:59 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Miks15
looking good... and be prepared for alot of...

Your steering wheels on the wrong side!

The steering wheel is on the correct side.

C10CoryM - 18/5/09 at 04:32 PM

Sorry to dissapoint but its just a V6
3.8L factory supercharged from a FWD Buick regal. Same engine in the Pontiac GTP. Stock rating is 245bhp, 280ft/lbs. I should be at 300bhp and 300ft/lbs so I figured it was enough for now. More power is easy to get if not.

Suspension is going to be firm until I know my final weights . Shocks are too expensive to guess on.

Loose drive belt is easily fixed by installing the alternator.

Garage is big, but it costs me $$$ every month

Only thing in the tranny tunnel is the transmission. There is a 3rd link on top for the rear differential so I assume that's what you are after. I hate suspension bind so I went with a 3-link rear suspension (+ panhard). Gives me lots of travel, with easy antisquat adjustment. Only down side is it takes away some elbow room.

The only place I can drive my car that would make my steering wheel on the wrong side is Guyana. I can't see myself going for that long of a roadtrip so I decided to stick with LHD :p

Thanks for the comments guys.
Cory

RK - 19/5/09 at 12:12 PM

Hey coming along! Big step getting things rolling, n'est-ce pas?