Board logo

Motaleria is famous
smart51 - 26/6/09 at 08:45 AM

Total kit car has a brief snippet about it, and they seem to like it.

Steve G - 26/6/09 at 08:57 AM

Looks fantastic doesnt it. Uses a new spec Yamaha R1 with flat plane crank?? I didnt know anyone had managed to write off such a new bike to give the donor engine.

iank - 26/6/09 at 09:01 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Steve G
Looks fantastic doesnt it. Uses a new spec Yamaha R1 with flat plane crank?? I didnt know anyone had managed to write off such a new bike to give the donor engine.

I believe the record for a superbike engine sold by yorkshire-engines was something like 3/4 of a mile.
Too many born again bikers get on brand new 1litre bikes after not having ridden for 20 years. Some of them don't even get home.

Steve G - 26/6/09 at 09:03 AM

Thinking about it - I'm sure i heard of a busa that fell off the back of a wagon (literally) somewhere - it was being delivered to a dealer and got dropped. Ended up for sale with zero miles

??

ko_racer - 26/6/09 at 09:06 AM

I thought it had a 2004-6 5VY engine in it??

MikeRJ - 26/6/09 at 09:21 AM

quote:

The new R1 has a cross plane crank (conventional inline 4s have a flat plane crank).

Steve G - 26/6/09 at 09:26 AM

quote:
Originally posted by MikeRJ
quote:

The new R1 has a cross plane crank (conventional inline 4s have a flat plane crank).

You're right of course!! That piece of journalism is looking worse by the second then - its only the 09 R1 only that has uneven firing order isnt it???

Vindi_andy - 26/6/09 at 09:40 AM

Tango is famous too

http://www.totalkitcar.com/news.php#1784

DarrenW - 26/6/09 at 10:17 AM

Sure is a magnificent car. Its nice to see that whilst it has a certain look it is suitable different so as to be a bespoke design. I like it a lot.

I didnt realise it was parked next to Cloudy's warner. Again another very good build. I particularly liked its clean uncluttered purposeful look. Had a sleek look to it.

The tax disc holder bit made me smile - a prize from the 'totalkit car box-o-sh1te'

nitram38 - 26/6/09 at 10:47 AM

I don't know what they were on, but my engine is an 05 and it is clearly on the airbox!
Ian Stent wants to feature the car so I am awaiting the phone call............and the cheque!!!!

Update: Just got an email from Ian to say that they want to do a joint feature with me and Cloudy soon!

They have just removed the R1 engine spec comments..............it wasn't me who told them!

[Edited on 26/6/2009 by nitram38]

chrisg - 26/6/09 at 04:18 PM

I'll expect my comission by return of post...........

Can't wait for the article, well done to both of you

cheers

Chris