Board logo

Sierra MC with remote reservoir - help please
Miks15 - 21/7/09 at 11:09 AM

Im using a Sierra Master cylinder with a remote reservoir. I need some bits making up that will push into the top of the MC and have an 8mm fitting to take the fluid hose from the reservoir.

Is there anything already available for the job?

Alternatively can anyone help with dims of the part i need? and also what material it should be made from?

Lastly would somebody be able to machine it for me?

Thanks

Mikkel

mad4x4 - 21/7/09 at 11:29 AM

I took abit of copper and flanged on a nut to screw into the precut thread on input the MC then slipped the rubber tube over the pipe up to the NUt and fixed with a fuel hose screw clip.

Flanged the Tube that slipped into the rubber to stop it slipping off..

NB all low pressure side (feed) side of MC wouldn;t even think of this on the OUTPUTS!

[Edited on 21/707/09 by mad4x4]

Miks15 - 21/7/09 at 12:16 PM

Not quite sure what you mean,

Anychance of a quick paint pic of something? As long as it works and doesnt leak then its fine, Do you have any dims for it?

britishtrident - 21/7/09 at 01:00 PM

Save yourself hassle fit a Skoda Estelle or Rapide master cylinder £27 + from Brakes Int.

22 bore which isn't ideal but got to better than recycling old Sierra bits.

Miks15 - 21/7/09 at 03:39 PM

im not recyling old bits, its a new sierra MC

big_wasa - 21/7/09 at 05:01 PM

Brass or alloy would be good, I made these for some willwoods

Link

Miks15 - 22/7/09 at 09:06 AM

Does anyone know the dims of the the bit i will need to push into the sierra MC?

DarrenW - 22/7/09 at 09:34 AM

IIRC the std master cylinder just has grommets in the top that the plastic bottle pushes into. I assume you are thinking of a fitting that will push into same hole that will then take a suitable bore hose to connect to the remote mounted reservoir. Im guseeing you could draw up the fitting from the std reservoir and get it made from a suitable material, obviously with a suitable OD on the hose end to take hose of your choice that will seal onto the bottle. Someone with a hobby lathe at home should be able to do that. Im sure Coozer and Flakmonkey have the facilities, maybe some others too.

Other option (and im brainstorming here so may not be perfect) is to get a std brake pipe end, the sort that you would use to connect 2 bits of brake pipe rather than the end that would fit into a caliper (etc). If the threaded part pushes into cylinder grommet you can then make up a short length of brake pipe with a flare on each end. One end would be tightened to the fitting and pushed into cy,linder. Other end is flared so you can fit flexy hose over it and secure with small hose clamp. You then just need to be sure hose is correct ID so it will fit onto the remote bottle. Only downer is i cant remember exact configuration of the screw ends or if brake pipe will be good OD for your intended link hose.

As said, i wouldnt do this for output side, but am sure input side is low pressure and relies on a basic seal into the cylinder.

Of course best solution would be to see a pic of what someone else has used (that works) and replicate it.

DarrenW - 22/7/09 at 09:36 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Miks15
Does anyone know the dims of the the bit i will need to push into the sierra MC?

It will be as per the std reservoir bottle. Have you got one of those (the piggy back one). Im assuming it is the std bottle that you are trying to remote fit.

Miks15 - 22/7/09 at 12:18 PM

It isnt the standard bottle that im fitting, my bottle has 8mm outlets and im using 8mm hose, ive got the right dims now so gonna make a new post to see if somebody wouldnt mind making it for me