Board logo

Yet Another New One!
Amphlett - 5/8/09 at 01:27 PM

Hello all!

After having a quick browse of the forum I've decided to join up :-) You all seem like nice chaps!

I'm exploring ideas as I'm very interested in getting into motor sport and like the look of the 750MC locost championship. As a student at the moment I lack any funds really but hope to start saving to firstly get my race licence and all that stuff.

I'm just saying "hi" and showing my face :-)

I look forward to talking to you all, I'm off to trawl through the pages and pages of interesting posts!

Thanks,

Si.

blakep82 - 5/8/09 at 01:29 PM

welcome aboard

tomgregory2000 - 5/8/09 at 01:31 PM

hello

eccsmk - 5/8/09 at 01:38 PM

welcome to the padded cell of the tintraweb

rallyingden - 5/8/09 at 01:39 PM

Yooooouuullll beeeeee soooorrryyy

Welcome to the mad house......More addictive than golf...

RD

Guinness - 5/8/09 at 01:48 PM

Welcome

I can't think of a better thing to spend a student loan on than a proper Locost race car and your ARDS licence.

Better than pissing it all away on beer, kebabs and fast wimmin.

Mike

daniel mason - 5/8/09 at 01:48 PM

enjoy the read,it may take a while!

miikae - 5/8/09 at 02:10 PM

Welcome to LB's answer to QI

Mike

Amphlett - 5/8/09 at 02:11 PM

Thanks for the quick replies guys, good to know you're there if I need you :-D Makes me feel all warm inside.... it's either that or the coffee.

No loan for me to splash out on race cars I'm afraid :-( It all has to be earned! Maybe I'll sell my car... or my girlfriend... or both.

Thanks,

Si.

blakep82 - 5/8/09 at 02:13 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Amphlett
Maybe I'll sell my car... or my girlfriend... or both.

i'll need pictures before i make any offers

GrumpyOne - 5/8/09 at 02:38 PM

quote:
Originally posted by rallyingden
Yooooouuullll beeeeee soooorrryyy

Welcome to the mad house......More addictive than golf...

RD

Don't know about more addictive but it's a whole lot easier to play. Damm that putter

iank - 5/8/09 at 02:57 PM

Cheapest way to get a car for 750mc locost racing (or any other kind of racing) is to find one being sold by someone moving to a different class (e.g. RGB) or retiring from motorsport.

Good luck with it (have you been along and chatted with people in the paddock?)

Amphlett - 5/8/09 at 03:33 PM

I think that's the way I'm most likely to go, second hand that is.

I haven't been to any races yet, Have you got any races at Brands coming up? You haven't got any dates at Thruxton do you?

They're my closest circuits.

Thanks,

Si.

richardlee237 - 5/8/09 at 03:51 PM

Hi

Before you spend any money. Go on the 750 MC website and read the racing regulations for the Locost championship

Then read the regulations, then read the regulatios, then talk to the guys actually racing, then read the regulations.

Only when you have a 100% handle on ALL costs do you want to part with the mullah.

Believe me, I used to scutineer class 1 powerboats and you would not believe how many people turn up with a boat (car) they had just paid large amounts of wonga for and could not pass scrutineering, even though they were told it was race ready.

Good example for Locost racing is that the floor has to be steel not aluminium

Amphlett - 5/8/09 at 04:04 PM

Thanks for the advice.

I think it would probably be best to befriend an expert and ask for their kind services when buying a car, I'm not sure I'd be confident on my own, no matter how well I know any regulations!

Si.

matt.c - 5/8/09 at 09:08 PM

Welcome.

You will find plenty of info on here.