blakep82 - 14/8/09 at 06:15 PM

iva started in april this year. keep up

maskell01 - 14/8/09 at 06:17 PM

so how much is that going to sting?

jollygreengiant - 14/8/09 at 06:27 PM

quote:
Originally posted by maskell01
so how much is that going to sting?

Just close your eyes and think of england when you write the cheque out.

blakep82 - 14/8/09 at 06:33 PM

i think its £199? i can't remember...

StevieB - 14/8/09 at 06:45 PM

At one point they were talking about it being somewhere in the region of £500.

And it's not popular either - I did my SVA just as the IVA's were about to start (we had a chat about the new rules while I helped him put the new gauges and devices together) and we had a catch up when I went for my retest - he reckons it takes far too long compared to SVA.

oldtimer - 14/8/09 at 09:00 PM

Is this a joke post?!.....

Charlie_Zetec - 14/8/09 at 09:50 PM

Nope, no joke post. If you didn't take it for an SVA pre-April 1st, then get 6 months allowance for a re-test, then it's an IVA for you.

From what I've read there's not a great deal of difference, only minor bits such as plastic/metal fuel tank issue etc. Search IVA on here and somewhere there's a list of differentials. I wouldn't worry too much.

Oh, except when you come to pay the bill, that is. It's now £450 a go, and the re-tests are £90 each.

Yeah, I know - it sucks!

oldtimer - 15/8/09 at 07:35 AM

I think you missed my badly made point slightly. It's just that this has been covered about 23,000 times and I was just supprised that a watcher of this site and builder could be still in the dark about the SVA to IVA changeover. I personally think there are a lot of changes and that the financal cost of getting it wrong is a lot higher.