Board logo

Build update forum
speedyxjs - 19/8/09 at 06:57 AM

Yesterday, i didnt know where to post my build update which got me wondering why we dont have a build update forum.

I think it would be nice to read about other peoples progress when my own project is going a little slow and rebuild the enthusiasm a bit.

CraigJ - 19/8/09 at 07:12 AM

i agree, would be good to have a sub forum just for projects and kit builds rather than having them scattered about the forum.

mads - 19/8/09 at 07:22 AM

most people tend to have a link to their build diary in their signature or as their website link. this is usually hosted elsewhere which I think is best as otherwise the server will have to have more data to hold, as well as photos of build diaries

Mr Whippy - 19/8/09 at 07:28 AM

quote:
Originally posted by mads
most people tend to have a link to their build diary in their signature or as their website link. this is usually hosted elsewhere which I think is best as otherwise the server will have to have more data to hold, as well as photos of build diaries

Precisely what I was going to suggest, might even bore the lot of you and do my own

speedyxjs - 19/8/09 at 07:29 AM

quote:
Originally posted by mads

I dont think that many people have a website.

alistairolsen - 19/8/09 at 07:46 AM

I don't have a website, and I wouldn't have the first clue how to set one up. I have a build thread I started on another forum before I was actively using this place, which I have finally linked in my sig.

I'm less inclined to go hunting for other peoples sites, but if progress is posted on the forum I'm always keen to read it. Weird psychological thing I guess.

Dangle_kt - 19/8/09 at 12:14 PM

I get the logic of externally hosted build diaries, but I started one and it still reads as it did a few years ago, this forum is much better at giving the " well done's" that us lazy builders need and crave! Haha!

blakep82 - 19/8/09 at 01:42 PM

i think it would just go in 'anything else'

a build diary forum thing was brought up about 2 weeks ago, there was some good reasons from fozzie as to why it shouldn't be done. i can't remember what they were though