Board logo

I'm bloomin nervous!
Dangle_kt - 1/9/09 at 09:01 AM

Headin out for my 2pm sva test in Oldham in a bit, I'm all packed but I'm drivig the kit, about an hours drive!

First time she has been on the open road and I'm nervous as hell that I've forgotten to tighten something!

Been the loo three times in the last hour. Oh well, I'm sure I'll fail, but still uber excited/ nervous!

welderman - 1/9/09 at 09:04 AM

itll be reet, no worries

call in for a brew on the way back

speedyxjs - 1/9/09 at 09:07 AM

Good luck

whitestu - 1/9/09 at 09:07 AM

I felt the same before my SVA and it all turned out good.

Best of luck!

Richard Quinn - 1/9/09 at 09:11 AM

Good luck!

maximill666 - 1/9/09 at 09:11 AM

Good luck Andy, fingers crossed for you mate

adithorp - 1/9/09 at 09:12 AM

quote:
Originally posted by welderman
itll be reet, no worries

call in for a brew on the way back

...and show off your new MAC certificate!

omega0684 - 1/9/09 at 09:13 AM

Good Luck!

r1_pete - 1/9/09 at 09:13 AM

Yes good luck, never done sva, but I know what the 1st MOT after a rebuild is like.....

CRAIGR - 1/9/09 at 09:27 AM

Good luck mate. Take it steady though.

kj - 1/9/09 at 09:29 AM

Good luck,

miikae - 1/9/09 at 09:37 AM

Good Luck Matey, may te sun shine on you and bring big smiles all day.

Mike

l0rd - 1/9/09 at 09:48 AM

GOOOOOODDDDDDDDDD LUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKKKKKK

Guinness - 1/9/09 at 09:54 AM

Good luck!

Mike

UncleFista - 1/9/09 at 10:03 AM

Good luck !

And don't forget the camera for the obligatory test station car-park shots

Slater - 1/9/09 at 10:32 AM

Yes, I remember that feeling. I was very nervous/excited at my SVA. Good luck, hope you pass, it's a great feeling when you do.

Richard Quinn - 1/9/09 at 11:18 AM

Going slightly off-topic but still related to one of the points made earlier - How long does it take for the nervousness to wear off? I check all fluids/pressures etc before I go out and check things like wishbones, wheel nuts, prop and driveshaft bolts etc between runs but I still find myself watching things like the temperature gauge and hearing "new noises" while I'm out.
It's bothering me that it's bothering me (if you see what I mean) as I used to build and race Autograss cars but never had any of these issues. Occasionally things would fall off, break or blow up but this never bothered me. Perhaps the fact that I was never more than about 500 metres from my trailer helped and there was always a tractor, telehandler or JCB to tow, lift or scoop up this bits and get you back to the trailer.

t16turbotone - 1/9/09 at 11:30 AM

good luck!!!!!

Dangle_kt - 1/9/09 at 11:32 AM

I join you from the side of the m60. Main fuse has blown. I found why and fixed it but not before blowing my only spare! Arg! Waiting on rac now. Tick tock 2pm is looming!

mistergrumpy - 1/9/09 at 11:33 AM

I know what you mean Richard. I'm still nervous driving mine in case it catastrophically breaks or owt. Its bad enough stalling with a big queue behind and just hoping that it'll start again!

stupott901 - 1/9/09 at 11:58 AM

god luck i was the same as well and getting well stressed

Richard Quinn - 1/9/09 at 12:17 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Dangle_kt
I join you from the side of the m60. Main fuse has blown. I found why and fixed it but not before blowing my only spare! Arg! Waiting on rac now. Tick tock 2pm is looming!
1316hrs and still showing as "online". Any update from the side of the M60?

adithorp - 1/9/09 at 12:25 PM

Can't you rob a fuse from another circuit (headlights?) just to get moving?

adrian

Dangle_kt - 1/9/09 at 12:54 PM

Rac have been and gone, 5 more fuses blown. Usually have around 20 seconds before the thing blows. Wagon on way to take me home.

Seriously pissed off to be honest. This car has more electrical problems than the love child of a motoguzzi and a ducati.

Just weighing up my options. May sell cos I'm fuming so much and can't afford to pay again to have the car wired.

It's got till oct 27th or I haveto get an IVA.

Oh and it's about to rain.

Bluemoon - 1/9/09 at 01:16 PM

Drink beer... Don't give up yet, you are so close, I think you need a friendly auto sparky to visit (any locostbuilders handy and local??)... You have plenty of time at the moment to get it sorted..

Dan

[Edited on 1/9/09 by Bluemoon]

hughpinder - 1/9/09 at 02:10 PM

Don't give up. There must be a decent auto electrical place somewhere near you.
Sadly we're on the other side of the country - there is a brilliant guy here in Grimsby.
Even if you end up throwing a couple of hundred quid to someone to sort it, its cheaper than the IVA.
Best of luck
Hugh

welderman - 1/9/09 at 03:05 PM

Fozzie - 1/9/09 at 06:34 PM

Awwww Dangle..... sorry to hear that....

Don't give up.......you are soooo near to the finish!

Fozzie

Richard Quinn - 1/9/09 at 06:48 PM

It's got to be something daft like a short somewhere. If it's only just happened on the way there then look for signs of recent chafing on the wiring. Systematically work from one end of the car to the other. If that doesn't reveal anything then it will be a case of disconnecting the battery, replacing the fuse and checking each circuit for shorts with a multimeter. Failing that, it could be the reg/rec I suppose.

Wheels244 - 1/9/09 at 07:30 PM

Don't give up Andy.

If you want to trailer it over to mine, we could give Gary from Autosparks a ring - the man is a genius with autoelectrics.

Rob

maximill666 - 1/9/09 at 09:20 PM

Bad luck mate

Keep positive though, it will be worth it once its on the road

Dangle_kt - 1/9/09 at 10:01 PM

cheers for the words of encouragment folks.

wiring loom is goosed. Ho hum.

l0rd - 1/9/09 at 10:26 PM

Could you describe what it does?

Does it burn the fuse when you try to start the engine?

SOmeone might be able to quide you.

02GF74 - 2/9/09 at 08:28 PM

rotten luck - something must have chaffed the loom and shroted it big time.

should be possible to replace the bad part of the loom in a couple of weekends surelyu ... pity you are so far away ....