Board logo

Which one? Quick Poll
omega0684 - 13/9/09 at 11:19 AM

been looking again at a new car and i can't choose! im split between the Skoda Fabia vRS and the SEAT Ibiza FR. Both are about 130 bhp standard but easily tunable up to 180-200bhp with a remap, im after a diesil model, so is it just going to come down to looks? i think the fabia vRS is group 9 insurance, but don't know what the SEAT is, does anyone know?

your thoughts......

[Edited on 13/9/09 by omega0684]

speedyxjs - 13/9/09 at 11:24 AM

Fabia looks better imho

mistergrumpy - 13/9/09 at 11:29 AM

Hmm, there's no option for neither.
Seat's seem to look old quickly and depreciate quickly imo and the build quality seems to be becoming more and more of an issue from people I know on here to literally people I've bumped into at the side of the road whilst at work.
The Skoda, well again, only imo opinion and putting badge snobbery aside it's like that new VW advert "if you listen to it, it sounds just like a Golf". A poor man's VW and again VW's build quality seems to be going down hill from doddgy brake pedals to knackered wiper motors and flywheels.
I vote none of the above. (That's from Brewsters millions isn't it?)

blakep82 - 13/9/09 at 11:30 AM

aren't they basically the same car?

repper - 13/9/09 at 03:11 PM

ide go for the seat as will holed more value come time to replace it

Stott - 13/9/09 at 03:56 PM

Same car but the seats not built as well so it has been said. I have the fabia but am not saying that from bias, it's general opinion.

You won't get 180-200 from a map before you get your heart set on it either, you may scrape 180, more like high 170s and 300lb/ft but for anything more you need a hybrid turbo, and a paddle clutch

edit: neither are cheap to insure either so forget all about the groupings, my 04 plate was, last year, £80 dearer to insure than my S plate Audi S3, they know they're quick so you get stung, I still can't afford to put the wifey on mine..............

[Edited on 13/9/09 by Stott]

flak monkey - 13/9/09 at 04:00 PM

The only way youll see 190 from a remap is if you start with the pd 150 engine in the leon or golf. The ibiza is a 130, a remap will take it to 160-170.

I would have the Seat...but then I would

bassett - 13/9/09 at 09:37 PM

Ibiza if it was me as the 3 door just looks sleeker