Board logo

Anyone Using Audi Power?
scootz - 16/9/09 at 07:00 PM

I'm sure I've asked this before, but can't find it in the archives (doh!).

So, if you'll indulge me...

Front engine / RWD layout - what boxes are you using?

flak monkey - 16/9/09 at 07:05 PM

What you need to know, I reckon, is what VAG cars are RWD from the factory. And find a box from one of them?

At the moment I cant think of any....not tat have proper manual gearboxes anyway.

Adaptor bellhousing?

zilspeed - 16/9/09 at 07:09 PM

There's a Dutch company which makes the bellhousing.

Or if you were mental you could take a longways Quattro box and weld up the centre diff to give RWD only.

Or stick it in the back of a middy.

scootz - 16/9/09 at 07:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by flak monkey
What you need to know, I reckon, is what VAG cars are RWD from the factory. And find a box from one of them?

At the moment I cant think of any....not tat have proper manual gearboxes anyway.

None that I can think of either!

scootz - 16/9/09 at 07:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by zilspeed
There's a Dutch company which makes the bellhousing.

Or if you were mental you could take a longways Quattro box and weld up the centre diff to give RWD only.

Or stick it in the back of a middy.

I remember the Dutch company from last time I asked... only did a bellhousing for a type-9 (which is a start, but I'd probably want to use a 'stronger' box... T5, etc).

There was also mention of welding up a quattro box, but research ruled that out ( too weak).

Middy is not an option!

Cheers though - you're jogging my memory!

PS - The Dutch company if anyone else is looking is here... LINKY

scootz - 16/9/09 at 07:34 PM

Maybe the question should be... can a Type 9 be 'up-rated' to take serious abuse!

Onto a new thread...

flak monkey - 16/9/09 at 07:39 PM

quote:
Originally posted by scootz
Maybe the question should be... can a Type 9 be 'up-rated' to take serious abuse!

Onto a new thread...

Yes, it can indeed. Can easily be uprated to around 300bhp. The quaife will take even more.

Depends on the weight of the car though at the end of the day. I will be running a HD rated to 240bhp with a 330bhp duratec bolted to it. Hopefully it will take the abuse!

Cheers,
David

scootz - 16/9/09 at 07:44 PM

LOL... I've jumped to my New Thread! See you there!

mangogrooveworkshop - 17/9/09 at 12:05 AM

Donkervoort do a seven with Vag power

alistairolsen - 17/9/09 at 07:32 AM

iirc the volvo 900 series diesels used a Vag engine and hence the M90 gearbox from those is a rwd box with a vag bellhousing on it.

Easier finding hens teeth however.