Board logo

Will you or won't you?
Guinness - 15/10/09 at 05:11 PM

Will you go for the Swine Flu Jab?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/8309217.stm

StevieB - 15/10/09 at 05:15 PM

I said I would do it so that we could decide whether our boy should have it - if I get sick/die then he won't be having it.

liam.mccaffrey - 15/10/09 at 05:21 PM

I will as im immuno compromised

55ant - 15/10/09 at 05:23 PM

my body likes a challenge.

Hellfire - 15/10/09 at 05:35 PM

Oink, oink..........

Oink

whitestu - 15/10/09 at 05:54 PM

I've either had it or am immune so no. It's very mild as well.

[Edited on 15/10/09 by whitestu]

Benzine - 15/10/09 at 06:10 PM

mercury-based preservatives... DO NOT WANT

rusty nuts - 15/10/09 at 06:36 PM

No one is sticking a needle in me!

BenB - 15/10/09 at 06:43 PM

Well I'm hiding from our practice nurse- I don't want it. It's not like it's that bad an illness anyway. Normal flu kills tens of thousands every year.....

Ben_Copeland - 15/10/09 at 06:50 PM

Na thanks, Dirt and Grease in open cuts helps keep my body healthy.

My wife and son haven't got it yet, so i think we'll wait see if people start dying from the immunisation.

franky - 15/10/09 at 07:32 PM

My long haired boss is 4 months pregnant..... She's a practice nurse and we're having major discussions about whether she's going to have it.

I'm not going to.... I don't think she should as its totally untested in its current 'mix' on women in her position.

mangogrooveworkshop - 15/10/09 at 08:08 PM

Wish I could take the chance to say no to the flu jabs......but I have fooked lungs and the illness is worse than a few days of sore arm.
If i die i die as long as im insured who really cares. The one thing I dont want is for the bloody astmha to get me.
I cant understand how come people smoke and screw up perfectly good lungs.......

whitestu - 15/10/09 at 08:19 PM

If you don't have any underlying health problems that jab seems pointless to me. My kids have been tested positive for it and the 2yr old didn't even slow down when she had it.
The other two were off school for a couple of days.

whitestu - 15/10/09 at 08:19 PM

If you don't have any underlying health problems that jab seems pointless to me. My kids have been tested positive for it and the 2yr old didn't even slow down when she had it.
The other two were off school for a couple of days.

Project7 - 15/10/09 at 09:06 PM

no thank you.

Also

Interesting 1976 Advert

MikeR - 15/10/09 at 11:28 PM

g/f got the oink oink and she was SERIOUSLY ill.

Within 6 hours she was a mess. If she got out of bed, within 10 minutes you could watch her face drain away and she was back in bed. This lasted for 4 or so days. Then she started to slowly recover. She stupidly went back to work after a week still not a 100% (had too) and she's found a week later she was still lacking energy - to the point she was sat on the sofa crying on Saturday due to being so tired.

So whilst it is very mild in some people, others (and she was perfectly healthy eating a very healthy diet) get hit hard.

Staple balls - 16/10/09 at 06:19 AM

ooh, I'd forgotten about this, I'll have to see about getting it.

Usually skip the flu jabs as they make me feel like crap for 2 weeks, figure I'm better off taking my chances.

On the other hand, I get the impression oink would probably hit me hard, so it might be worth being sure.

wilkingj - 16/10/09 at 09:21 AM

I will be getting it in the first wave.
I am health compromised.

My Dr told me the other day its on the cards.
All health compromised people first, then the rest later on.
Had the std Flu jab already.

stevebubs - 16/10/09 at 10:50 AM

It's interesting this announement comes out days after the MP Expenses are over the front pages again....

Call me a cynic but....

Ninehigh - 17/10/09 at 08:47 AM

I'm probably not eligable, but hey I can spread it around a lot in my job (southern and polish drivers )

scootz - 17/10/09 at 04:00 PM

Not for me, but I can understand why some may want it.

Flu in general bugs me... or should I say - the amount of folk who claim they have flu when all they really have is the common cold bugs me!

Off work for a day with the 'flu'... ??? BS! You get the flu (any variant) and boy will you know about it!

RK - 17/10/09 at 05:51 PM

yes, as I am a Health Care Professional, as they say...

JoelP - 17/10/09 at 06:51 PM

i wont because im bullet proof. I reckon swine flu wouldnt even stop me going to work. I wave two fingers in its general direction.

scootz - 17/10/09 at 07:03 PM

quote:
Originally posted by JoelP
i wont because im bullet proof. I reckon swine flu wouldnt even stop me going to work. I wave two fingers in its general direction.

LOL... me too - I fart in its general direction!

Ben_Copeland - 17/10/09 at 08:26 PM

quote:
Originally posted by scootz

LOL... me too - I fart in its general direction!

Careful.... if you have Swine Flu you may well Follow Through !!!!

David Jenkins - 17/10/09 at 08:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by scootz
Flu in general bugs me... or should I say - the amount of folk who claim they have flu when all they really have is the common cold bugs me!

Off work for a day with the 'flu'... ??? BS! You get the flu (any variant) and boy will you know about it!

In all my life I think I've had 'real flu' about twice - not something I want to repeat! Knocked out for a week each time...

JoelP - 17/10/09 at 09:04 PM

ive been feverish once or twice (ie shivering even though you know you are hot). Each time, i just go to bed fully dressed and sweat it out. By morning im fine. No idea what causes it but as i see it, if you are shivering its because your body wants to be warmer, so i go with it. Dont think ive had flu, certainly never been unable to get up. Never had a day off ill that i recall either.

Ninehigh - 18/10/09 at 06:20 AM

Iirc it's the other way round... When you feel hot it's because you're losing all your heat.. I could be wrong