Board logo

anyone got a swimming pool?
macspeedy - 29/10/09 at 09:58 PM

bit of a random question but as title suggests...

Ninehigh - 29/10/09 at 10:05 PM

Omg are you seriously asking that?

I don't have a big enough garden for a pool!

macspeedy - 29/10/09 at 10:06 PM

well wheres theres a will theres a way

JoelP - 29/10/09 at 10:08 PM

i always fancied taking up the lounge floor and digging a pool underneath. You'd have dreadful trouble with damp though...

graememk - 29/10/09 at 10:09 PM

my parents do, what do you need to know

mangogrooveworkshop - 29/10/09 at 10:12 PM

We had pools at last three houses I lived in down in the southern hemisphere city of get a gun
Was a bloody pain to look after them.
The chlorine vs acid ph balance was an art.
Ive never been to a pool in the UK that is PH correct. They have a warped mindset that makes it way too Alkaline. Hence the heavey chlorine smell. (Fantastic for asthma)
I only have a extra large fish pond as you know mac but would like a hot tub fired by wood or solid fuel in the future.

[Edited on 29-10-09 by mangogrooveworkshop]

chris.russell - 29/10/09 at 10:20 PM

i've just moved into an apartment that has a communal pool, but that is in sunny Florida

Guinness - 29/10/09 at 10:20 PM

My wife works at a gym with a 25m pool. The chemicals in the plant room are pretty scary, as are the consequences of getting the mixes wrong.

I loved the pool at my cousins house in Joburg. It had a "robot" that sort of wandered around the bottom of the pool sucking up leaves / dead bugs and stuff. He seemed happy enough in his job.

Mike

rallyingden - 29/10/09 at 10:21 PM

Yeah we have one . . . .. . . . .. . . . . ..
but it takes me Feckin ages to blow the dam thing up

RD

Neil2004 - 29/10/09 at 10:27 PM

I self built an in ground pool from a kit 5 years ago. Maintaining it has been very easy. No problem with chemical balance as the new tablet system is very easy to use. The only real problem over the last couple of years has been the weather!

omega0684 - 29/10/09 at 10:50 PM

my aunt and uncle have a pool at their house in the south of france and a mate of mine, his grandparents have an indoor pool

Ninehigh - 29/10/09 at 10:54 PM

You know this is far further to the 'yes' side than I was expecting

bi22le - 29/10/09 at 11:16 PM

I have a pool big enough for 1, its called a bath!
The romans called their communial hot pools Baths so why cant I call my private personal one?!

omega0684 - 29/10/09 at 11:33 PM

quote:
Originally posted by bi22le
The romans called their communial hot pools Baths so why cant I call my private personal one?!

why don't you install a shower and use less water, then the money you save from your water bill can go towards your new car

dogwood - 29/10/09 at 11:35 PM

Yes !!

iank - 29/10/09 at 11:57 PM

quote:
Originally posted by omega0684
quote:
Originally posted by bi22le

why don't you install a shower and use less water, then the money you save from your water bill can go towards your new car

No water meter in my house, I could leave the taps on all day and it wouldn't change the bill by a penny

mangogrooveworkshop - 29/10/09 at 11:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Guinness
My wife works at a gym with a 25m pool. The chemicals in the plant room are pretty scary, as are the consequences of getting the mixes wrong.

I loved the pool at my cousins house in Joburg. It had a "robot" that sort of wandered around the bottom of the pool sucking up leaves / dead bugs and stuff. He seemed happy enough in his job.

Mike

That robot was a KREEPY CRAWLY..... and they used to get stolen ......cause they cost so much......http://www.kreepykrauly.co.za/our_success.htm

The one pool we had the Kreepy used to get stuck on the steps making a tak tak noise......get up out of bed and shift it on its way

owelly - 30/10/09 at 12:05 AM

We had a pool at the holiday cottage we just sold. It was wet and watery.....

Staple balls - 30/10/09 at 12:06 AM

quote:
Originally posted by owelly
We had a pool at the holiday cottage we just sold. It was wet and watery.....

And how was the pool?

speedyxjs - 30/10/09 at 08:24 AM

Only when it rains hard

Il get my coat

907 - 30/10/09 at 07:53 PM

A bloke I used to know had a salt water pool. The filters were gravel and sand filled.

No nasty chemicals for him.

Paul G