Board logo

The never ending list of things to do
Findlay234 - 5/11/09 at 11:32 AM

It seems, the closer I get to IVA readiness and the more jobs i successfully tick off the list, that more get added. For every one I tick off theres another two added. Fortunately they seem to be smaller jobs but they are still jobs all the same.

It doesnt help that I had a bodgit attitude in the past (borne from lack of funds and a lack of a real garage with proper tools) and im now trying to make good all my original mistakes. One such mistake was not using 8.8 bolts for the master cyls, just another thing I have to go back and re do. Tool. well get there in the end though...

omega0684 - 5/11/09 at 11:46 AM

haha sounds like a similar scenario im in at the minute, a rear axle rebuild has turn pretty much into an entire car rebuild!

its all fun and games though, the only thing i don't have is a time limit!

coozer - 5/11/09 at 12:30 PM

So far my change from carbs to injection has found the bodywork removed, electrical speedo sensor upgrade, front brake line renewal, relocation of the header tank, and now, the engine is coming out for a dress up and new bellhousing and some mods to the clutch pedal/cable arrangement... mods to the idler bracket etc etc... even after SVA/IVA its never ending

thefreak - 5/11/09 at 12:33 PM

Sounds like my dashboard build too lol
Couldnt figure out the wiring so traced it all around (wasn't fitted by me) and labelled it up, which in turn meant tidying it up, relocating the headlights, and rear light clusters, putting waterproof connectors on it, changing the clamshell wings to cycle ones, which meant replacing the side panels, which there's no point doing until the replacement engine is in as there's more room with out them, then when all that's done I can get on with the dash build!
Oh, and everything has stopped now as I'm part way through building decking in the garden, and there's a bloody great engine in my way in the conservatory where I want to put all my tools for the desking

Findlay234 - 5/11/09 at 01:07 PM

Oh and work seems to be getting in the way as well. All I seem to think about at work is the car and I just cant wait to end the day and get in the garage... obviously the girlf isnt too happy about this and thinks i should be wanting to get home from work and want to see her asap.....

thefreak - 5/11/09 at 01:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Findlay234
Oh and work seems to be getting in the way as well. All I seem to think about at work is the car and I just cant wait to end the day and get in the garage... obviously the girlf isnt too happy about this and thinks i should be wanting to get home from work and want to see her asap.....

One of the bonuses of the missus living 130+ miles away lol
But at the moment, I'm sat at work redoing the plan for the decking for the 15th time as things have changed again and wishing the weather would sort itself out so the bog of a back garden would dry out a bit so it isn't like working in treacle

RK - 5/11/09 at 02:00 PM

Yes, I can relate to all that. I'm sensing a bit of impatience from swmbo with the time I want to spend in the garage now, readying things for the inspection (hopefully before it starts getting REALLY cold). But winter does end around here eventually - the snow goes about May. Yikes.

contaminated - 5/11/09 at 04:07 PM

I took the Tiger off the road to sort out the upper alternator bracket last Christmas. It got back on the road last week. Somehow I ended up re-wiring, new dials, chassis re-furb, carb refurb and more progression holes, new ECU, new exhaust, bodywork mods, new seats, new interior panels, new brake lines, new rad, new silicon etc etc!

andrew-theasby - 5/11/09 at 07:16 PM

I made a list the other day and there was 133 things to do!! some of which might take 1/2 an hour others are -spray the car. Still saying next summer tho as i do every year

Findlay234 - 6/11/09 at 09:02 AM

Andrew, you been building since 03 (when you registered) ? pretty much the same as me then... lol

andrew-theasby - 6/11/09 at 06:25 PM

Yep thats right but this time next year....

Findlay234 - 7/11/09 at 04:21 PM

well im hoping 2 weeks time but not holding out hope on passing. will have to see how it goes....

andrew-theasby - 7/11/09 at 06:04 PM

good luck. 132 on my list now!