Board logo

Big up to Omega0684
mads - 8/11/09 at 06:07 PM

MASSIVE thank you to Omega0684 for coming over to mine for the whole day yesterday and helping me FINALLY get started on the Indy! Great sense of achievement at how much we got done, even with me throwing a spanner in his plan when I said I wanted to paint the floor with anti-slip paint. :p

It's these types of kind gestures which makes this place (and community) special!!

MikeR - you better get a move, I may now actually get further than you with the build!

MikeR - 8/11/09 at 06:36 PM

ahem ........

i've never had ANY help on my build!

:p

(although that probably explains everything!)

prawnabie - 8/11/09 at 07:33 PM

Mike are you building anything? I thought you were running the largest old ford spares centre in the country???

MikeR - 8/11/09 at 08:30 PM

:-) some people may think that i run an old ford spare parts storage / holding centre over two sites. This is, err, a, err, side effect of my err, ok, i'm a hoarder who's pretending to build a car to collect more bits (got 4 more wheels on way to mates tonight and was eyeing up kitchen work top in a skip) :-)

omega0684 - 8/11/09 at 08:43 PM

you big me up like that and then don't post the photo of my handy work! disgraceful!

and i think the 2 hour to dry none slip paint which actually took more like 7 hours (and even then it was still tacky) looked class! although it did through a huge spanner in the works! All in a days work though

[Edited on 8/11/09 by omega0684]

mads - 8/11/09 at 10:25 PM

i know, was going to do photos but been side-tracked with other stuff. will definitely put up some tomorrow night when i get back from the meet.

as for the non-slip paint... you should see it today, it looks awesome.