Board logo

What could these be used for???
russbost - 18/11/09 at 12:10 PM

I have come by a boxfull (big boxfull) of adapters. They have a female M10 x 1.25 thread at one end & a male M8 x 1.25 LEFT HAND thread at the other.
Has anyone got any (Sensible!!!) suggestions as to what they could fit, what could they be used for?
M10 x 1.25 is a very common thread on motorcycle mirrors, but I can't think of any bikes that have a LH m8 thread, otherwise they could be mirror adapters (I know Yamaha use a LH thread on one mirror, but their threads are M10 - I know cos I stock those!)

Anyone got any bright ideas, I bet someone somewhere is dying to get their hands on this very item - maybe!

nick205 - 18/11/09 at 12:51 PM

Any markings on the parts or the packagin that might help determine what they're for?

A bit of Googling throws up adapters for grinder fittings or possibly adapters for different senders (water temp for e.g.).

[Edited on 18/11/09 by nick205]

hughpinder - 18/11/09 at 02:26 PM

Rod ends are available with M8 Left hand thread -- but I dont know specifically why you would have a big box of adapters....

Hugh

russbost - 18/11/09 at 03:03 PM

no markings at all, hadn't thought of googling them , so little to go on! Much too short for rod ends, the LH thread is only about 10mm long whole adapter only measures 25mm

Something like a grinder adapter sounds vaguely possible - now all I want is someone with a box of grinders missing their adapters !!! .............................