Board logo

road runner racing 7
Sir Alan - 19/11/09 at 07:14 PM

sorry for deleting the post but im am new to this posting thing . so after trying to correct spelling mistakes i deleted the whole thread SORRY So ill start again .after owning a caterham r500 sorry for takeing p***s way to seven motoring lads ive been thinking of building my own BEC car aftersearching for acouple of years now shows etc . i short listed a few kits MK .MAC 1 MNR ETC .ive now decided to splash the cash,so icalled at MK 2day 2 find they have moved .but icame accross road runner and was totally blown away ,After speaking to the owner kev for 2 hours i have decided this is the 7 for me ,The chassis is all round tube and laser cut its designer is MAD DAVE who posts on here

Sir Alan - 19/11/09 at 07:20 PM

the gig is also made of lazer cut material a total work of art .But the bodywork is the best ive seen .so going back sat morn 2 order i will take some pics if allowed

jacko - 19/11/09 at 07:29 PM

Wellcome to the madhouse
Yes road runner is a very good car the original car was made by Martin Keenan
thats right MK who also made the MK Indy
Jacko

[Edited on 19/11/09 by jacko]

mads - 19/11/09 at 07:30 PM

looking forward to seeing some pics...

Sir Alan - 19/11/09 at 07:37 PM

sorry jacko i thort dave designed the indy r must have mist heard kev when drooling over his car

jacko - 19/11/09 at 08:08 PM

Thats right Dave did the as you call it the indy R i dont think thats its real name
Im talking about the real INDY mk1
the one with out side springs like mine

Jacko

Sir Alan - 19/11/09 at 08:23 PM

dave must be a very clever guy i understand he is a cad engineer the chassis is a real work of art rose jointed wishbones totally adjustable and just over 50kg for the chassis

jacko - 19/11/09 at 08:39 PM

Yes he is a good bloke to know
and as mad as a HATTER on his bike
If you read this Dave only joking

austin man - 19/11/09 at 09:01 PM

is this the single seater we're talking about ?? as it isn't really a seven, Martin Keenan has recently produced a 2 seater Midi R1 rear engined you might want to look at his site mkengineering.co.uk. He has spent a lot of time on the geometry and aesthetics wellworth a look and a chat with him before jumping in there is also the MK lads who now manafacture out of a workshop in Maltby, on Aven industrial estate. The Indy R is a Mad Dave Design. and apparently the handling is awesome.

Sir Alan - 19/11/09 at 09:23 PM

asi understand kev and martin parted over a year ago this car is a seven doner is a mazda mx5 and is not being released till jan 2010 . this LSIS is going to open afew peoples eyes its not a makeover its been fully designed over the last 18 months. the demo car will be ready in 2/3 weeks

jacko - 19/11/09 at 10:27 PM

Sorry for all the confusion on my part i thought you ment the s/ seater
Jacko
ps any photos of the new car

austin man - 20/11/09 at 12:25 AM

I think the one your refering to has has design input from mad Dave not 100% sure though