Board logo

think of the planet and dont waste electricity on xmass lights.
thunderace - 10/12/09 at 10:35 AM

lol i dont like xmass.

tegwin - 10/12/09 at 10:39 AM

Hahaha..... its ok... the extra benefits that the govermnent are sending them will help them "offset their carbon foooootprint"....

nick205 - 10/12/09 at 10:43 AM

Humbug all the way for me - I detest Christmas

Along with Valentines, Mothers and Fathers Day, Christmas is referred to as another Clinton's day in our house (well by me anyway).

Sure it's "all about the kids" but I can't stomach being harrassed and harranged into the whole performance.

Turn the lights off, take them down, grit your teeth and get through it is my approach

eddie99 - 10/12/09 at 10:43 AM

Says the guys who dont care about the emissions coming out of their car

Irony - 10/12/09 at 10:43 AM

Surely 'common sense' and 'good taste' stop people adorning their house with huge lights and inflatable Santa's.

Sorry to be grumpy but my neighbour has a 8 foot inflatable santa that needs a fan to constantly keep it inflated. The noise is tedious. What happened to 'good will to all men'?

Richard Quinn - 10/12/09 at 10:54 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Irony
Surely 'common sense' and 'good taste' stop people adorning their house with huge lights and inflatable Santa's.

Sorry to be grumpy but my neighbour has a 8 foot inflatable santa that needs a fan to constantly keep it inflated. The noise is tedious. What happened to 'good will to all men'?
Exactly, my neighbours put up with drilling, grinding, engines running etc for 11 months. I can put up with their fan and tacky lights for 1 month!

MikeRJ - 10/12/09 at 11:05 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Irony

Ah, the ironically named 'common' sense.

smart51 - 10/12/09 at 11:33 AM

Christmas used to be 12 days long. Quite a big festival. It seems to start as soon as bonfire night is over now. Its no wonder people get sick of it.

My Mum and Dad bought a string of Christmas lights the year I was born, "for the kids". These were all the lights we had as kids and they were lovely. My neighbours have so many lights on the outside of their house that I can see them flash through closed curtains. It's just too much.

A string of LED Christmas lights uses about 5W of power, normal bulbs use about 20W. 50W per household = about 1.3 GW of power, which is about 1 medium sized power station.

jabbahutt - 10/12/09 at 11:51 AM

I think with the state this country is in there are bigger things to worry about than xmas lights. Don't worry though give it a couple of years and it will be illegal to celebrate any Christian festival as it will be deemed racist.

Irony - 10/12/09 at 12:47 PM

quote:
Originally posted by jabbahutt
I think with the state this country is in there are bigger things to worry about than xmas lights. Don't worry though give it a couple of years and it will be illegal to celebrate any Christian festival as it will be deemed racist.

hehehe don't get me started!

Steve G - 10/12/09 at 01:35 PM

quote:

Never fear Jabbahutt - it will be replaced with Diwali instead!!

boggle - 10/12/09 at 06:22 PM

my old neighbours had an inflatable santa...

strange how every sat morn they would find it deflated with pellet holes in it....

i have a light outside my house this year for christmas....its the street light...shame it doesnt work thou......

Hammerhead - 10/12/09 at 07:56 PM

quote:
Originally posted by boggle
my old neighbours had an inflatable santa...

strange how every sat morn they would find it deflated with pellet holes in it....

i have a light outside my house this year for christmas....its the street light...shame it doesnt work thou......

I was just going to suggest shooting out any annoying lights!

Confused but excited. - 10/12/09 at 08:27 PM

You miserable bunch of gits.
I LOVE IT!

Benzine - 10/12/09 at 09:15 PM

quote:
give it a couple of years and it will be illegal to celebrate any Christian festival

awesome

Ninehigh - 12/12/09 at 05:33 PM

Have the christmas lights and turn your normal lights off to compensate you miserable gits (and that's coming from me )

Yeah it's about the kids so if you don't have any by all means don't put lights up