Board logo

Motorbike Kits
Colnago_Man - 23/12/09 at 03:41 PM

Just mulling over possible future projects...can you buy kit motorbikes? Not really interested in chopper style bikes but would be curious to see what else is out there.

r1_pete - 23/12/09 at 04:34 PM

Not heard of any, Bimota's were pretty close, and Milwukee Iron were doing some bobbers, but they've gone to the wall now.

Confused but excited. - 23/12/09 at 04:50 PM

quote:
Originally posted by r1_pete
Milwukee Iron were doing some bobbers, but they've gone to the wall now.

Poo!
I loved those old twenties/thirties style kits they did with the lozenge tank.

Madinventions - 23/12/09 at 05:27 PM

I know you said no to choppers, but Exile cycles still do some kits, and some of them are a little 'different' to the standard OCC style stuff...

Link
Ed.

liam.mccaffrey - 23/12/09 at 06:28 PM

rikman kits

Triton - 23/12/09 at 07:00 PM

Best you ask Ed at Triton for pics of his bikes he builds, now I love my bikes and for 22 year old to build what he has built is just amazing........30's style flat tracker with a massive motor and trick forks the lot...Oh and they are brand new

OX - 23/12/09 at 09:08 PM

I dont know if Spondon are about any more but they used to make some posh frames

locogeoff - 24/12/09 at 12:19 AM

Harris Performance Ducati TT2 kit

RK - 24/12/09 at 02:29 AM

Hey, that looks VERY cool!!

skodaman - 24/12/09 at 03:18 AM

I second the rickman recommendation. My bro-in-law had a rickman z1000 kawasaki many moons ago. Quality. Think they concentrate on 60's syle motocrossers now though. I think you'd have to go through IVA to get one on the road.
I'd imagine that making a bike frame from scratch would be easier than a locost though perhap more critical for accuracy and geometry. I'd just copy the geometry of something u like eg CBR600 get Italian aftermarket upside down forks and brakes (not cheap) and put whatever engine u wanted in. It couldn't look anywhere near as bad as that thing on A Trike is Born. Just don't ask me to be the first to high speed test it as even major Jap manufacturers have been known to get it wrong.