Board logo

what happens when you get carried away....
boggle - 30/12/09 at 04:50 PM

the project has been snowballing since day one.......untill today...

i bought a propshaft all ready made off ebay.....waited 3 weeks....today it arrived...flange for the diff is too small

my fault as i didnt ask what size it was, also my lefthanded thread rose joints for my trailing arms turned up.....in the bag i find 20 lefthanded nuts......not what i ordered....

then i get fobbed off from fords about my flywheel bolts.....

so im a little down and regretting buying stuff on a n impulse and not researching things properly....

what a twat...

now where is that bottle of rum.....

turbodisplay - 30/12/09 at 04:53 PM

If the proshaft joint for the flange is rebuildable (contains circlips) you can probally just fit a new flange.
Darren

[Edited on 30/12/09 by turbodisplay]

scootz - 30/12/09 at 04:56 PM

Don't worry Boggie... have a flick through my post history and my impulse buying past should cheer you up!

If not, then have another bottle of rum on standby!

boggle - 30/12/09 at 04:56 PM

it does have clips....where can i get a new flange?

thanks for giving me hope!!!

Michael - 30/12/09 at 05:18 PM

Been there, done that too.

Went through three or four Propshafts until got one that fitted my measurements (all made to order)

Also have billions of P Clips as did not take into account O/D Split tubing & I/D P clips.

r1_pete - 30/12/09 at 05:41 PM

quote:
Originally posted by boggle
it does have clips....where can i get a new flange?

thanks for giving me hope!!!

Bailey Morris are as good as anywhere, just tell them what axle and size of UJ.

Stuart_B - 30/12/09 at 07:39 PM

i have done a few impluse buys, pay now think later.

teh worst on is a mini i just wanted, so i brought for it to stand in the way in the gargre after a couple hours work.

need to get rid off it.

stuart

ashg - 30/12/09 at 10:26 PM

yep i will put my hands up to buying the wrong thing on several occasions. it usually ends up under the workbench until i can find a use for what ever it is or get fedup moving it and either give it away or chuck it.

ianclark1275 - 30/12/09 at 10:37 PM

I did the same with the Prop.

had 2 live axles and 1 prop

thought axles were the same,

put one in he car and took prop to D&F to get a new one made, including new flange on prop - not same as axle in car when offered up!

just undo flange from diff and swap over.

phelpsa - 30/12/09 at 11:18 PM

My propshaft is about to visit bailey morris for the 3rd time. First time the flanges were at the wrong ends, now found it has the wrong bearing carrier on it.

Annoying seeing as its all that's stopping the engine from going in perminantly!!

RK - 31/12/09 at 01:07 AM

That stuff happens to everyone. Just in case you aren't sure!!

skinned knuckles - 31/12/09 at 01:47 AM

everything i buy of order turns out to be wrong. just travelled an hour to my nearest reasonably priced welding gas supplier picked up a 20L bottle of pure argon just to get home and realise the einstein that loaded me up put in a bottle of Argon 5.
time for another 2 hour round trip and another day of my hols wasted not building my car

coozer - 31/12/09 at 10:41 AM

Just do what I do, keep buying till you have every variant then something will fit

Thats why I have a drawer full of alternators and starters and a T16 engine taking up cash and space