Board logo

What would you do if you owned a bec
mangogrooveworkshop - 17/1/10 at 11:53 PM

More HS twaddle from some idiot manager...
no wonder they are taking this country to the dogs.
#

I happen to know they had a fatal accident on their office estate.......It was a kid who just got his licence killed a young lass who was his passenger by crashing through the front wall of the estate.....none of the people in the accident had anything to do with this company......
Since then when ever we work with there lads we get told of these crazy rules.....

Stupid rules in Perth linky

[Edited on 17-1-10 by mangogrooveworkshop]

[Edited on 17-1-10 by mangogrooveworkshop]

RK - 18/1/10 at 01:47 AM

It's all about insurance and liability. The rulers of the modern universe.

speedyxjs - 18/1/10 at 07:17 AM

Burn it

Danozeman - 18/1/10 at 07:28 AM

if i owned a bec id sell it and buy a cec.

iank - 18/1/10 at 07:43 AM

Most of this nonsense comes from managers who either haven't been trained in H&S (or didn't bother to listen in their training). They often use H&S as an excuse for whatever bee they have in their bonnet that week. e.g. conkers

There are, however, a big section of these stories are scare stories the Mail and friends just to sell papers. e.g. gritting

HSE keeps a record of the nonsense ones here
http://www.hse.gov.uk/myth/index.htm

Mr Whippy - 18/1/10 at 08:19 AM

hmm your company is like 10 years behind the times, the last 4 places I've worked had a reverse park policy including my current one. Personally I agree with it, anyone who rides a motor bike knows how dangerous reversing cars are in shopping center car parks etc when no bu%%er even looks properly and then backs into you. There’s also the argument that its better to reverse when you arrive as the car windows are more likely to be clear rather than a cold car with fogged up windows and needing demisted.

In my experience the most vocal objectors are the ones who actually are crap at reversing in the first place and don't like having to do so in-between two cars.

A BEC with no reverse is still going to have be pushed back anyway whether during parking or leaving the parking space regardless of what rule is in place.

omega0684 - 18/1/10 at 08:53 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Danozeman
if i owned a bec id sell it and buy a cec.

Dammit! you beat me to it! exactly what i was going to say!

DIY Si - 18/1/10 at 09:09 AM

What you'd need to do is take fully on board two of the rules on that sign. Accept the challenge of having no reverse and figure how just the right manoeuvre to do a handbrake/power 180 just in time to roll backwards into the space! Simples.

gingerprince - 18/1/10 at 09:11 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Mr Whippy
A BEC with no reverse is still going to have be pushed back anyway whether during parking or leaving the parking space regardless of what rule is in place.

Whenever I take my MK to work, I always push it back into the space. Don't know whether that's just for vanity though, because it looks better from the front

CRAIGR - 18/1/10 at 09:27 AM

quote:
Originally posted by gingerprince
quote:

Whenever I take my MK to work, I always push it back into the space. Don't know whether that's just for vanity though, because it looks better from the front

You do that so that cec owners can see what the front looks like as generally they only see the back

Richard Quinn - 18/1/10 at 09:56 AM

What would you do if you owned a bec? Reverse park, Accept challenges - nuff said!

Howlor - 18/1/10 at 11:24 AM

Spot the woman driver in the picture!

GeorgeM - 18/1/10 at 11:47 AM

quote:
hmm your company is like 10 years behind the times, the last 4 places I've worked had a reverse park policy including my current one. Personally I agree with it, anyone who rides a motor bike knows how dangerous reversing cars are in shopping center car parks etc when no bu%%er even looks properly and then backs into you. There’s also the argument that its better to reverse when you arrive as the car windows are more likely to be clear rather than a cold car with fogged up windows and needing demisted.

In my experience the most vocal objectors are the ones who actually are crap at reversing in the first place and don't like having to do so in-between two cars.

+1

Annoys me with all the people who insist on reversing out of their drives as well. The Highway code still says you should not.

Most people drive in forwards through laziness, -worry about getting out when it comes to it.

MikeFellows - 18/1/10 at 12:19 PM

I wouldnt be able to resist, I would have to park the opposite way

my brain wouldnt let me conform

Ninehigh - 19/1/10 at 12:51 AM

quote:
Originally posted by GeorgeM
Most people drive in forwards through laziness, -worry about getting out when it comes to it.

I drive in forwards because it's not on a main road (and I can see all the way down the road whichever way I drive in) and the drive is tight anyway and reversing is a great pita. If I lived on a main road I would reverse in or make room to turn round outside my house.

Yeah you should be reversing into spaces, and you'd probably see a lot more of it in car parks if the shopping went in the front