Board logo

Garage Rental
Pdlewis - 23/1/10 at 01:04 PM

Hi Guys,

I was just wondering if anyone rents a garage to keep their car in if so where do you find the adverts for these?

I have just moved down to reading (into a flat) and have no where to keep the car the options are try and find somewhere to rent not knowing the area i dont know where is good or bad or sell the car as its not alot of use to me sitting doing nothing with a pile of upgrades to do over 100 miles away in the midlands!

Benzine - 23/1/10 at 03:15 PM

I have rented a couple of different places in the past, both were a pain to find. Gumtree can be good for some (not for me as it concentrates on cities, not out in the country), I used the local paper to find the ones I used but that's annoying as it takes a week to print and costs £25.

I think word of mouth is probably best, i just don't know enough people to find out where these places are. At the moment I'm looking for somewhere big enough to store a few cars. The local storage place would cost a fortune so I'll have to drive/phone around like a madman til I find somewhere.

rusty nuts - 23/1/10 at 06:14 PM

Check with the local council, that's how I found mine. Cheaper than anyone else as well

corrado vr6 - 23/1/10 at 07:22 PM

Any farms near you? Im doing my build in an un-used barn rented out to me by a freindly farmer and its bigger than a double garage

Dan. - 27/1/10 at 02:19 AM

quote:
Originally posted by corrado vr6
Any farms near you? Im doing my build in an un-used barn rented out to me by a freindly farmer and its bigger than a double garage

ditto... Much bigger and has a lift too!