Board logo

Update from: Not enough money what do you get?
bi22le - 25/1/10 at 07:30 PM

Hi all,
Had my eyes on a 2004 Raw Striker for a while now and I am going to go for a test drive this weekend. Its got some of the kit I want but as I am dropping my budget I dont expect it to be as spit and polished as my last.
It has a 4age with expected 150bhp.
Hopefully it will have the same response and speed as the BEC.
Will be interesting, about the same power but more torque and more weight.
The general thought on here is that it will be slower. both 0-60 and on track.
I recon this is a better more proven chassiss than the MAC1 that cant be argued. Also I wont be worried about it going bang when I go for a drive (no dig ment at BEC at all).

Thoughts?

Oh side line - Whats the expected power drop from fly to rear wheel on a type 9 box and non LSD diff. Dont know the ratio, thanks

scootz - 25/1/10 at 07:41 PM

I would have THIS in a shot if I was in the market for a new car... he's asking for offers too - I'm sure you could get the lights, make it cosmetically sorted, etc. and still be within your budget!

I remember in one of your previous threads that pedigree was important... can't go far wrong with Ginetta in that regard!

daniel mason - 25/1/10 at 07:53 PM

in kit car mag this month. chester sportscars were tuning zetec tigers and said allow 30 BHP transmission losses!

andyw7de - 25/1/10 at 07:58 PM

quote:
Originally posted by scootz
I would have THIS in a shot if I was in the market for a new car... he's asking for offers too

Scootz your showing great will power

you know you want to

TimC - 25/1/10 at 07:59 PM

If suggestions are allowed, what about this?

Drive it until you get bored, then swap-in a Mi16 motor!

Steve Hignett - 25/1/10 at 08:15 PM

http://www.alzheimers.org.uk/

How is this an update/ didn't you ask a very similar question on your last thread half way down? And in putting a "new" (duplicated) post on the front screen you could of pushed someone else's post off the front. Don't get me wrong, I don't have a post on there, and it's not really that important, but it could be a little unfair on some...

bi22le - 25/1/10 at 08:26 PM

Ah well sorry you feel that way Steve! Just another person getting excited about cars again. Same old same old!
Im sure you have put posts up that people think are useless. This is a forum to ask questions isnt it?
Thanks for reading my post though, you must be hooked!!!

bi22le - 25/1/10 at 08:30 PM

Hey Scootz I saw that Ginetta. Its in another post on the front page somewhere. Nice car although I still like the exposed wishbone look at the mo.
Yeah open to suggestions Tim, Same thought about the striker you linked, closed wheel. Although never new there was a 750 site, Favorite tab done!!!

scootz - 25/1/10 at 08:32 PM

quote:
Originally posted by andyw7de

you know you want to

The only thing stopping me is Mrs Scootz! Normally cars just 'turn-up' and we get on with it, unfortunately she saw me oggling the Ginetta on the net and said "no"... firmly!

RichardK - 25/1/10 at 09:15 PM

quote:
Originally posted by scootz
quote:
Originally posted by andyw7de

you know you want to

The only thing stopping me is Mrs Scootz! Normally cars just 'turn-up' and we get on with it, unfortunately she saw me oggling the Ginetta on the net and said "no"... firmly!

When are your mates coming back round?

Cheers

Rich

scootz - 25/1/10 at 09:21 PM

When the computers switched off... and logged out of eBay!

ReMan - 25/1/10 at 10:09 PM

Can't imagine it will be as spritely as a BEC?
Reliable, torquay, smooth, quiet, economical, maybe? But whatever, your choice

Fozzie - 25/1/10 at 10:48 PM

Bi22le .... Please do NOT make duplicate threads about the same thing!

Just add to your original thread as it is about the same subject....

Fozzie......Admin

bi22le - 26/1/10 at 09:17 AM

sorry fozzie. I was quite confident i have not told anyone about my next car. I considered this new.

Fozzie - 26/1/10 at 09:28 AM

quote:
Originally posted by bi22le
sorry fozzie. I was quite confident i have not told anyone about my next car. I considered this new.

Hmmm maybe ... .... So.....give it another title......different from the thread before....('Update' stuck in front of the title doesn't count....LOL) .......

But in all honesty .... it is along exactly the same theme ..... it could have been tagged on as a natural progression to the first thread, now it is all messy with 2 threads to search through........all about what car can you get with a limited budget

Fozzie