Board logo

How difficult would it be to build this and what would be the best way.
morcus - 27/1/10 at 02:28 AM

This is mostly a hyperthetical question but how difficult would it be to build a seven gullwing coupé like the one in my crude picture, and what would be the best way to do it.
Description
Description

My thoughts were some sort of rollover bars at the a pillar and behind the seat with a bar between them to hindge the doors on and bonding the rest to the car.

speedyxjs - 27/1/10 at 07:13 AM

That should look goooooooood

Danozeman - 27/1/10 at 07:26 AM

Shouldnt be too difficult if you good at fibre glassing. A hinged metal frame to mount it all on wouldnt be too hard.

Guihanos - 27/1/10 at 08:02 AM

Hi,

You will probably need a rollbar like this one to put your goldwing mecanism on.

But for the rear part of the car I would probably start from a Dutton part because it's roughly the same shape as you want.

Humbug - 27/1/10 at 08:44 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Guihanos
Hi,

You will probably need a rollbar like this one to put your goldwing mecanism on.

But for the rear part of the car I would probably start from a Dutton part because it's roughly the same shape as you want.

lol

will121 - 27/1/10 at 12:25 PM

only concern i would have is the ease of getting in and out, ok with aid of a roll cage to hang onto but with say a fibre glass hard top may be different

morcus - 28/1/10 at 12:38 AM

I'd want the front of it reinforced somehow so I'd be able to hold on to it for getting in, as long as the amount of roof that opened with the do was sufficient. The actual shape of the rear isn't that important, I just think it needs to be longer than satandard to sort out the roof shape. My inspiration is the Lotus built Coupés but the rears on them look to upright for me and spoil the lines. My paint skills aren't good and I couldn't find the scanner, my hand drawn versions look much better.

Its unlikley I'll get a chance to atempt such a project any time soon but the feedback seems good.

Mr G - 29/1/10 at 05:45 PM