Board logo

A few wheel/tyre questions
Miks15 - 2/2/10 at 08:26 PM

Im thinking about getting some Team Dynamics pro race's for my car. Question is what sort of price do people normally pay for a set of these?

I quite like the look of the pro race 2's does anyone have any pics of a seven style car with these on?

And last question, what tyres would people recomend? I want some good cheap road ones, that will work well on a seven, but obvs not so cheap theyre rubbish. And what sort of prices am i looking at for a set of 4?

cheers

Mikkel

Steve G - 2/2/10 at 08:49 PM

Have a look at Marangoni Zeta Linea's - they're very good and cheap enough too. If buying wheels too then definately best to try and buy the tyres from the same place if you can - many tire places charge £10 per tyre to fit!!

chris_harris_ - 2/2/10 at 09:10 PM

I too am looking for a nice set of wheels and like the look of the Team Dynamics Sword black and polished alloys.
Tyres i am steering towards the marangoni zeta's, but if my budget could stretch then maybe r888's. Lots of opinions on tyres and all valid to be fair, but it will come to personal choice.
Incidentally i have found 15" swords for £52 each, ie £200 for the set. I consider that cheap in comparison.

scootz - 2/2/10 at 11:21 PM

Marangoni Zeta Linea... is she an Italian actress, or a pasta dish?

contaminated - 3/2/10 at 08:34 AM

Tyre wise, for road use you can't beat Toyo Proxes T1-R from Camskill for the money IMHO. Admittedly you have to go for a 195 section to get the deal, but for me it was worth it.

mcerd1 - 3/2/10 at 08:38 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Miks15
I quite like the look of the pro race 2's does anyone have any pics of a seven style car with these on?

have you seen the pro race 3's ?

not sure what sizes are avalible at the moment but I think they look

Miks15 - 3/2/10 at 11:51 AM

quote:
Originally posted by mcerd1
quote:
Originally posted by Miks15

have you seen the pro race 3's ?

not sure what sizes are avalible at the moment but I think they look

Oo they do look nice, has anyone got any pics of either the pro race 2's or 3's on a seven? Just interested to know what they look like.

Also wha profile tyre wouldbe best to go for on a 15inch rim?

mcerd1 - 3/2/10 at 12:30 PM

I've got these for the Rush linky

pic linky

only in 14" or 16" and heavier than the TP pro race wheels
also they arn't really a current model - so they don't make them very often

[Edited on 3/2/10 by mcerd1]