Board logo

The worst picture of a 7ish ever?
TimC - 15/2/10 at 09:01 AM

Stumbled across this on a Pistonhead thread:

WHY?

flibble - 15/2/10 at 09:02 AM

Wikkid innit!

cd.thomson - 15/2/10 at 09:06 AM

I agree, if you're going to go to the lengths of fitting a sub to your car, why would you fit a 15" kicker?

2 x 8"/10" vibes would still be afforable and would give much better bass response

Howlor - 15/2/10 at 09:06 AM

Integrated fruit bowl?

Ben_Copeland - 15/2/10 at 09:07 AM

Hmmm heavy enough to give better traction? Can't see any other reason for having it lol

flibble - 15/2/10 at 09:12 AM

To scare birds off that sit on the rollbar?

gottabedone - 15/2/10 at 09:13 AM

H'll have to baffle that or all of his fuel will spill out

balidey - 15/2/10 at 09:14 AM

Its to make his BEC sound more manly

vinny1275 - 15/2/10 at 09:47 AM

quote:
Originally posted by balidey
Its to make his BEC sound more manly

Nah, it's an electric - he's got fed up of cleaning blood off the bonnet, now it sounds like a 5.7 chevy.....

Macbeast - 15/2/10 at 09:50 AM

Never goes out in the rain then ?
Or does he like Handel's Water Music ?

[Edited on 15/2/10 by Macbeast]

locostbuyer83 - 15/2/10 at 09:51 AM

I hear his next mods will be carbon fibre stick-on effect bonnet and stick on chrome wheel arches.
... Oh and blue neons

balidey - 15/2/10 at 09:56 AM

I bet he has those washer jets with the LED's in them..... and no screen

FFTS - 15/2/10 at 10:03 AM

quote:
Originally posted by cd.thomson
I agree, if you're going to go to the lengths of fitting a sub to your car, why would you fit a 15" kicker?

2 x 8"/10" vibes would still be afforable and would give much better bass response

Yeh deffo blud,

when playing deep or heavy house then the twin 10" would be much better. Looks like hes got it set up for Gangsta Rap which resonates from one turf to the next gangs turf while not showing your colours and getting a cap in yer ass. So the quwestion WHY?

Weel just gidown wivvit n yell no oldtimers.

Geddit

boggle - 15/2/10 at 10:09 AM

would be interested to see his answear when im in macdonalds next.....

MautoK - 15/2/10 at 10:47 AM

quote:
Originally posted by FFTS
quote:
Originally posted by cd.thomson

Yeh deffo blud,

when playing deep or heavy house then the twin 10" would be much better. Looks like hes got it set up for Gangsta Rap which resonates from one turf to the next gangs turf while not showing your colours and getting a cap in yer ass. So the quwestion WHY?

Weel just gidown wivvit n yell no oldtimers.

Geddit

Awfully sorry, old chap; not quite getting the banter there!

Irony - 15/2/10 at 10:56 AM

I have thought about having a removable boot lid/boot insert that has a sound system in purely for entertainment when parked up etc. Nothing as dramatic or pointless as that though. I like a nice stereo but surely thats just poorly directioned showmanship!

blakep82 - 15/2/10 at 11:04 AM

yawn....
so what? he likes bass? good on him.

i'm surprised no one's used the word 'chav' yet...

get a grip...

RAYLEE29 - 15/2/10 at 11:05 AM

the harness mounts wouldnt pas iva
Ray
have i missed something lol

chrsgrain - 15/2/10 at 12:29 PM

Perhaps he's being ironic??

Chris

David Jenkins - 15/2/10 at 12:38 PM

When it comes down to it - it's his toy and he can do what he likes with it...

I wouldn't do it (a) because any sound system is pointless in one of these cars - you just won't hear it, and (b) the speaker will get trashed in the first shower of rain.

Oh - and if he's the sort of plonker who drives through quiet neighbourhoods with the bass turned up high then he deserves every bit of abuse that he gets!

speedyxjs - 15/2/10 at 02:48 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Ben_Copeland
Hmmm heavy enough to give better traction? Can't see any other reason for having it lol

Hmmm, maybe i should fit one to help counter the weight of my engine?

I was going to use the C work somewhere in this post but dont want to annoy Blake

boggle - 15/2/10 at 02:57 PM

its chavtastic

MikeRJ - 15/2/10 at 03:34 PM

quote:
Originally posted by blakep82
yawn....

Even if no-one else within the immediate vicinity like bass?

blakep82 - 15/2/10 at 04:29 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MikeRJ
quote:
yawn....

Even if no-one else within the immediate vicinity like bass?

yep, well he'll be driving past them, so they won't hear it for long

mistergrumpy - 15/2/10 at 05:59 PM

I'm with Blake. So he likes bass, if he uses it responsibly, so what.
The title of the thread is "The worst picture of a 7ish ever?" I don't think it looks bad at all and in fact looks better than mine does.
There seems to be a lot of knocking of other peoples cars again lately. Maybe it's this elongated Winter weather we're having or maybe some us just have fantastically, flawless cars and are experts who's opinion is valued by the whole world that they can afford pick on others peoples efforts.
TimC let me just add that this isn't directed at anyone specific, I know you started the thread but it isn't a personal attack

[Edited on 15/2/10 by mistergrumpy]

MikeRJ - 15/2/10 at 06:15 PM

quote:

Personally I don't want other peoples crap taste in 'music' forced on me even for a few seconds, especially in late evenings and/or in residential areas. It's simply ignorance and bad manners.

Alan B - 15/2/10 at 06:45 PM

quote:
quote:

Personally I don't want other peoples crap taste in 'music' forced on me even for a few seconds, especially in late evenings and/or in residential areas. It's simply ignorance and bad manners.

Mike,

Agreed 100%.
This is one of my really big pet hates...having my car vibrated (or evening peace spoiled) by some moron playing some utter garbage at some ear -splitting volume.....and another thing...the bass...why so frigging high???

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Dan. - 15/2/10 at 07:03 PM

quote:
quote:

Others may think the same about your cars exhaust... maybe we should all drive round in electric cars.

For what its worth, imo as long as he doesnt "boom" in residential areas etc I dont have a problem with it, that said... he has chosen completly the wrong car for it, with the zero cabin gain of a 7 there is no point in having a sub, i gurantee you it will not be loud Moreover the idea of a 7 is to be as light and rapid as possible so maybe he is a little deluded, each to their own I guess!

[Edited on 15/2/10 by Dan.]

OX - 15/2/10 at 07:30 PM

There seems to be a lot of snobbery on here,any body would think you've all built the perfect kitcar

The same could be said for the bec cars revving at 10,00 rpm ,,,its music to some of us but damn scary for anybody else

[Edited on 15/2/10 by OX]

blakep82 - 15/2/10 at 08:54 PM

quote:
quote:

i don't like the music of paulo nutini, but i'm not going to go around slagging off DFS becuase they use one of his songs in an advert. man up, and it'll be away in 30 seconds or so.

i've got a 12" sub in the back of my car because i listen (and DJ) all sorts of dance music. if anyone has a problem with that, its their problem, not mine

have you ever sat in your back garden on a summers day/evening with a radio on?

[Edited on 15/2/10 by blakep82]

boggle - 15/2/10 at 09:09 PM

i used to run two 12" rockford fosgate power series, 1200 watt a piece in my lancia.....

that was back in the day....

now im partially deaf in both ears and suffer from extreme tinitus........loud music didnt help......

[Edited on 15/2/10 by boggle]

morcus - 15/2/10 at 09:11 PM

Surely he would have been better to somehow mount it behind the seats facing forwards, with no roof and it facing upwards he'll be driving away from the sound and into his engines sound.

Krismc - 15/2/10 at 09:51 PM

He should of just asked me, ive got a solid mounted 2000cc zetec engine and it shakes my bones better than a sub would.

Angel Acevedo - 16/2/10 at 05:00 AM

I think you didnīt get the point....
if you look real hard you could see the V8 sound generator to muzzle the wasp sound from the busa engine

Macbeast - 16/2/10 at 05:52 AM

" i've got a 12" sub in the back of my car because i listen (and DJ) all sorts of dance music. if anyone has a problem with that, its their problem, not mine "

But do you drive around in the middle of winter with your windows open ?

Seems to me it's blokes with a small penis saying " look at me I'm cool ".

blakep82 - 16/2/10 at 11:52 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Macbeast
" i've got a 12" sub in the back of my car because i listen (and DJ) all sorts of dance music. if anyone has a problem with that, its their problem, not mine "

But do you drive around in the middle of winter with your windows open ?

Seems to me it's blokes with a small penis saying " look at me I'm cool ".

no, its about enjoying the music you love.
and i've not got a small cock, thanks...

FFTS - 16/2/10 at 11:59 AM

no, its about enjoying the music you love.
and i've not got a small cock, thanks...

Cmon Blake tell the truth.. You have got a small cock and it also enjoys your music!!

I know.. I found some video of your small cock having some fun HERE

cd.thomson - 16/2/10 at 12:03 PM

I had a sub in my car before it was ejected at 40mph when I rolled it. Wouldnt be worth listening to bass driven music without it.

I also do have a small one.

blakep82 - 16/2/10 at 12:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by FFTS

Cmon Blake tell the truth.. You have got a small cock and it also enjoys your music!!

I know.. I found some video of your small cock having some fun HERE

heres my hens having a fake dust bath
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r3CV4zitdK0

Ninehigh - 17/2/10 at 04:19 PM

Yeah, DJ Seven in da house!
I take it the speaker is waterproof, which looks pretty cool after a bit of rain.
Maybe he's got some decks under there too for Locost gigs

I was expecting a blurred close-up of someone's seat or somthing though