Board logo

I need a copy of a MAC certificate
russbost - 4/3/10 at 04:27 PM

Does anyone have a copy of their MAC cert they would be prepared to let me have an email copy of?
I have an enquiry from abroad & their local authorities are asking what information is on our MAC certificate - it's all to do with whether they can register a car over there.

ashg - 4/3/10 at 04:30 PM

good enough?

iank - 4/3/10 at 04:31 PM

Another one here
http://www.davebence.co.uk/sva_test.htm

Don't know if they've changed for IVA.

ashg - 4/3/10 at 04:39 PM

this is what the iva one looks like

designer - 4/3/10 at 04:52 PM

I think your customwe might have a problem. I am talking to the French; and loosing!!

russbost - 4/3/10 at 05:12 PM

Thanks guys!

France can be a nightmare, tho' it can be done, I know of an Ultima & a Westfield registered legitimately in France!

AndyGT - 4/3/10 at 05:36 PM

I have already been down this avenue. If the car is less than 30 years old you need a european homologation certificate from the constructor. Westfields and CateringVans are OK because they have done all the crash tests etc to get the european homologation.

Your only grey area is if the donar car was more than 30 years old and is already registered in the UK. I haven't gone that far yet but the BIG advantage is if you get through this you will not need to sit another MOT as the car is a collectors car rather than a comuting car.

U2U me if you want any more info...

l0rd - 4/3/10 at 06:11 PM

quote:
Originally posted by AndyGT
I have already been down this avenue. If the car is less than 30 years old you need a european homologation certificate from the constructor. Westfields and CateringVans are OK because they have done all the crash tests etc to get the european homologation.

Your only grey area is if the donar car was more than 30 years old and is already registered in the UK. I haven't gone that far yet but the BIG advantage is if you get through this you will not need to sit another MOT as the car is a collectors car rather than a comuting car.

U2U me if you want any more info...

Can i have some more info?

l0rd - 4/3/10 at 06:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by russbost
Thanks guys!

France can be a nightmare, tho' it can be done, I know of an Ultima & a Westfield registered legitimately in France!

I believe only if it is a factory one.

AndyGT - 4/3/10 at 07:10 PM

Will reply in a short while as I have a few things to do. Be back later...