Board logo

FAO Fozie
franky - 4/3/10 at 05:36 PM

http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=131229

been asked numerous times....

speedyxjs - 4/3/10 at 05:55 PM

I think the general idea is that everyone has their own build threads and has links to them in the bar below each of their posts.
www. button VVVVVV

scootz - 4/3/10 at 06:07 PM

quote:
Originally posted by franky
http://www.locostbuilders.co.uk/viewthread.php?tid=131229

been asked numerous times....

Might be an idea to add a 'please' or 'thank you' to your request...

lewis - 4/3/10 at 06:20 PM

Pretty please and many thanks I think it would be great to have them all in the same place for all to see and help new builders.

Ben_Copeland - 4/3/10 at 06:31 PM

Yes, demands fall on deaf ears....

Plus i think it's chris that adds things like that, dont know if fozzie can do it or not.

JoelP - 4/3/10 at 06:47 PM

i dont see a need for change myself, you can search for 'build diary' if you want to find them all!

Fozzie - 4/3/10 at 06:59 PM

And that is what the u2u facility is for ..... not to make threads ......about demands and to be rude....

We have numerous requests about all manner of stuff, which is important to some of you....but not so to others......

We have been building cars via this website since 2001, and most people have either used the search facility if they have a specific question, or indeed as speedyxjs has said link your build blog to the www button that you have for this specific reason......every one can see it at the bottom of each of your posts....you can also add your build site link to your footer.......which is also what it is there for.....

There are a great deal of variables of car on here, not just 'maker specific' .... with the amount of members we have it could get very messy ......

I will have a word with 'The Boss' .... I can't say I am convinced because of the reasons above.

Rudeness gets you no-where fast, and it would have helped if this was in the correct section .... 'Website Problems and Suggestions' would seem the obvious......

Fozzie

franky - 4/3/10 at 07:09 PM

No rudeness was intended on my part... my only aim was to point you in the thread direction, so sorry, please and thank you all in one post.

A thousand lashings for me

[Edited on 4/3/10 by franky]

D Beddows - 4/3/10 at 07:19 PM

The BIGGEST problem with build diaries is that people tend to be very enthusiastic about keeping them up to date for the first couple of months and then......... I think I can probably count on the fingers of one hand the useful ones by people who have bothered to keep them up till the end of a build......

MikeFellows - 4/3/10 at 07:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by D Beddows
The BIGGEST problem with build diaries is that people tend to be very enthusiastic about keeping them up to date for the first couple of months and then......... I think I can probably count on the fingers of one hand the useful ones by people who have bothered to keep them up till the end of a build......

sounds like mine, however im still taking the photos, just doing nothing with them

ReMan - 4/3/10 at 07:22 PM

quote:

Here here

Alan B - 4/3/10 at 07:59 PM

quote:

Very true....I should know.

Even the stickied posts of particular projects or techniques aren't always completed.

iank - 4/3/10 at 08:00 PM

I saw a statistic that 98% of blogs have less than 3 posts.

However cloudy's build thread shows it can work for some people.

dlatch - 4/3/10 at 10:40 PM

on turbosport they have a project thread section
and when you start one in that section it puts a link under your name to your thread and your projects progress

its a very popular section of the website and has been very usefull providing many hours of interesting reading

edited: to add it would also work very well here as you can upload the pictures to your archive so the threads would remain working and not messed up with broken picture links

Fozzie please do it

[Edited on 4/3/10 by dlatch]