Board logo

Must be the slight change in the weather...
Jon Ison - 6/3/10 at 04:48 PM

Now back on all fours with working brakes and handbrake, so that's engine swap done, new back axle in, brakes working, the dam list of "to do" is still to long though, back to garage.

David Jenkins - 6/3/10 at 05:03 PM

I've spent all afternoon at the front of my garage, out of the wind and with the sun shining on me - very pleasant and productive afternoon!

twybrow - 6/3/10 at 05:07 PM

I've just been for my 3rd blat this weekend! Loving it!

big_wasa - 6/3/10 at 05:13 PM

Ive been down my mums to turn my 16 ft caravan into my transporter

It felt good to be in the sun. will work on the 7 tommorow

MakeEverything - 6/3/10 at 05:44 PM

I took the engine out this morning, and spent some time clearing up the garage and palletising the engines to ease collection!!

Going out again later to start stripping out the wiring and cleaning the chassis.

BIG thanks to AndyBarbet for the loan of the hoist. What a great piece of kit. Made the engine out such an easy job.

[Edited on 6-33-10 by MakeEverything]

MikeR - 6/3/10 at 05:46 PM

finally remade my gearbox mount (like everything, its the third time i've done it and finally i'm happy with it).

Now looking at roll bar and having panics that its too tall / looks silly. Also wondering how to get it the 'right' height to be safe without sticking up 10" above my head.

blakep82 - 6/3/10 at 07:14 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MikeR
finally remade my gearbox mount (like everything, its the third time i've done it and finally i'm happy with it).

ah, nice one, i'm on attempt 2 on my gearbox mount. maybe next time will be 3rd time lucky for me too...

apart from that, did bugger all in the garage today

chris mason - 6/3/10 at 07:18 PM

quote:
Originally posted by Jon Ison
Now back on all fours with working brakes and handbrake, so that's engine swap done, new back axle in, brakes working, the dam list of "to do" is still to long though, back to garage.

Jon did you sort anything out with the tilt switch? forgot all about your car until i saw you on kit car crisis last night you was about 3 times and not once did you actually do anything to your car just spent the time pretending to look busy

Chris

motorcycle_mayhem - 6/3/10 at 08:04 PM

It stopped raining in the South West too, even sunny for a while.
I tended to the rear brakes on the tow vehicle, but tommorrow I do need to start the realignment of the propshaft mount in the 7.
It's been so damn cold, thawing out...

alistairolsen - 6/3/10 at 08:29 PM

Ive dne nothing on the locost after being further pissed around by suppliers so Ive spent the day wiring in the 3 phase converter for the new lathe and finishing off my caravan chassis car transporter with lights etc.

Jon Ison - 6/3/10 at 08:39 PM

aaaaaaaaaaa TV fame again, dont get no royalties for it........

Tilty switchy needy lookkkkky attttty if your passing some time.