Board logo

sae fuel tank
RK - 8/4/10 at 10:17 PM

I do need an engineering report after all apparently, where the person has to explain WHY the car should be allowed to be on the road (with all those safe Toyotas). It won't happen but I have nothing else to do at the moment so I've got a few questions:

1. Fuel tank must be SAE and be outside the boot (trunk for us, valise for the French speakers). What the hell does this mean? I did show the guy that there was NO boot there!!!

2. How hard is it to make an exhaust cover?

3. I have never heard of ANSI markings on rear view mirrors. Where can I get some of those mirrors? Also need new windscreen with appropriate markings.

4. Headlights must be marked as well. I should have known. I am sure E markings are OK, so I can order some of those.

5. First they said I needed bumpers. Then the head engineer said "no". Now they all say I do.

How do people keep their spirits up after 2 extremely negative attitudes from racist French speakers working for the provincially appointed garage near me? The ONLY one in my area approved for these cars?

RK - 9/4/10 at 12:36 PM

Re: SAE Approved Fuel Tank. I didn't think it existed, and now I am more sure it is just another roadblock to stop me from putting my car on the road with all those safe cars. You lot have it very well over there even though IVA is expensive and a pain. At least you can do it.

morcus - 9/4/10 at 02:22 PM

I know its not the best of options, but could you not get the car legal and registered in another area and then bring it back to your province?

RK - 9/4/10 at 10:09 PM

You have to go where you have a drivers license. Mine is in the communist state of quebec.

It is extremely unlikely that I will be able to do this. As much as it will hurt, I will take a big loss on it, but it will be nice to find someone who does appreciate it..

Line ups for your Toyotas start here. Protecting Canadian jobs by buying a car that is likely made in Asia.

I may have a buyer!!!!

[Edited on 9/4/10 by RK]

[Edited on 9/4/10 by RK]