Board logo

Don't you just hate it when...
David Jenkins - 11/4/10 at 03:19 PM

You've re-assembled the wipers, fitted everything perfectly, refitted the dashboard (a fiddly job) and reconnected all the connectors - then you realise that the wipers are parking on the wrong side!

So I take it all to bits again, strip the wiper motor and reposition the little ramp that stops the motor in the right place - then the little e-clip that holds the wheel's spindle in place pings off and clicks to a landing in some remote part of the garage... no way that's going to be found again.

So I then take a trip into town to get another clip - none of them as skinny as the original, but I eventually find one that fits.

Finally, everything is together and I try to crank over the engine, after lying idle for 3 months - doesn't want to start. Coughs, splutters, but generally non-starting... took out a plug, looks wet, but now the battery's flat. When I took the plug out I managed to crack the insulation... doh!

Ended up by going out to the pub, playing (and winning!) a couple of games of boule, then settled in for a pub lunch.

I'll have another go at the car once the battery's recharged... probably tomorrow.

NigeEss - 11/4/10 at 04:09 PM

Bugger.

At least it ended well

coozer - 11/4/10 at 04:35 PM

Aye, the bottle always helps there

eddie99 - 11/4/10 at 05:01 PM

Sounds like a crap day! Sorry mate, it can only get better