Board logo

kitcar/locost camping in cornwall???
boggle - 23/4/10 at 02:32 PM

ok.....

just a bit of brainstorming here...

if i could get a field would anyone be interested in a long weekend holiday/ kitcar/locost meet in cornwall next year???

it would be a free event, you would just need to get down here, then maybe a donation to cancer research for the site??

arrive friday, leave tuesday??

3 days of visiting some sites and attractions, driving some interesting roads, a bbq in the eves, maybe some live music???

im thinking of june next year???

i know people will think 'but what about all the holiday makers??'

well most leave and arrive on a sat so that leaves the good roads a bit less congested, and there are some good roads off the beaten track....

also there would be a run to landsend and i will arrange a group photo on the point...

thoughts???

[Edited on 23/4/10 by boggle]

[Edited on 23/4/10 by boggle]

eddie99 - 23/4/10 at 02:35 PM

Sounds good, keep me updated! Hopefully will be on the road by then lol

mangogrooveworkshop - 23/4/10 at 02:36 PM

My recollection of your area is high banks on each side of the road...made by farmers with muck spreaders..... is this still true.. been a few years since we was down there....

boggle - 23/4/10 at 02:38 PM

the narrow roads do have high banks, there are some great runs to be had from landsend to st ives, boscastle to tintagel, newlyn to lamorna....

i may see if i can get access to an airfield too.....

speedyxjs - 23/4/10 at 02:39 PM

Id be up for that! My car should be on the road long before then.

55ant - 23/4/10 at 02:43 PM

id be completely in, an airfield day would make it a really good weekend! let me know when you confirm a date.

boggle - 23/4/10 at 02:44 PM

we may have to pay the airfield for access, but i will see what i can do...

whitestu - 23/4/10 at 02:49 PM

June next year gives me over a year to get a pass. The airfield sounds like good fun!

Stu

bbwales - 23/4/10 at 02:55 PM

Definitely in for it. Keep me posted please.

Bob

tomprescott - 23/4/10 at 02:56 PM

I'd probably be up for that too!

MakeEverything - 23/4/10 at 04:24 PM

You just want to sneak into peoples tent so that you can molest them you pervert! Ive heard about people like you....

..... Im in, but maybe for two days and one night - Need to get the kit car running first though!!

ETA - Im in, but not for the molesting part (Unless youre really good looking, frmale and swallow)

[Edited on 23-4-10 by MakeEverything]

Mark Allanson - 23/4/10 at 04:29 PM

I'm not sure my car would make it that far , but 'm up for it!

boggle - 23/4/10 at 05:01 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MakeEverything
You just want to sneak into peoples tent so that you can molest them you pervert! Ive heard about people like you....

..... Im in, but maybe for two days and one night - Need to get the kit car running first though!!

ETA - Im in, but not for the molesting part (Unless youre really good looking, frmale and swallow)

i am one of the 3....

daniel mason - 23/4/10 at 05:11 PM

sound like fun. but if im on the road, i may well make the long journey down!

andy o - 23/4/10 at 05:42 PM

along as no clash with le mans it sounds good to me

twybrow - 23/4/10 at 05:46 PM

I'm keen. Just got back from a few days in Watergate (oh my god, you should all try eating at Fifteen in Watergate!). I would recommend the road from Newquay up to Padstow - what a road. Hairpins all over the place!

I love Cornwall (but remember Devon is better!)....

surferboy - 23/4/10 at 06:21 PM

I'd defo be up for some of that been to cornwall many times and can vouch for the great driving roads

bi22le - 23/4/10 at 08:29 PM

Im up for any invite to a long weekend once I get my car (tomorrow, im pi55ing myself with excitement!).

Keep us up dated, my wife would love to come on that too, she loves Cornwall.

(she is not my wife yet as we are getting married in September this year so it sounds strange saying that!)

boggle - 26/4/10 at 02:25 PM

maybe we could sticky this???

Airhead - 26/4/10 at 03:48 PM

It's a bit too far for me mate...

But seriously it's a great idea.

[Edited on 26/4/10 by Airhead]

Ninehigh - 27/4/10 at 06:30 AM

quote:
Originally posted by boggle
quote:
Originally posted by MakeEverything

i am one of the 3....

Yeah I've seen your pics and you are a handsome barsteward lol.

Sounds good, although there's no chance I'll have a kit even running by then. On the other side the lad will be 3 so he might not run off at 6am if we're in a tent.