Board logo

Airfield trackdays Reading/Oxford
Pdlewis - 24/4/10 at 09:19 PM

Does anyone know of any airfield track days arround the above area, I recall there being one arround Oxford a couple of years ago. I want to take the mnr on it's first track day and I may be a bit loud for the likes of Malory which is nr where I used to live. I have just moved down to Reading and don't know anything about any tracks in this area

phelpsa - 24/4/10 at 09:53 PM

Abingdon is just south of Oxford. Colerne is across near Bath. Motorsport Events run days at both places

bimbleuk - 25/4/10 at 08:56 AM

As above look on Motorsport Events website as there are several in fairly close proximity to you.

smart51 - 25/4/10 at 12:18 PM

I've done both Abingdon and Colerne in the last year. Both are good. Abingdon had more chicanes, Colerne had a faster corner. It depends what you want from the day.

scutter - 25/4/10 at 03:42 PM

Did Abingdon last year and will be going back this year too. They are pretty sharp on noise though, to be truthful most guys are these days.

ATB Dan.

Pdlewis - 26/4/10 at 08:39 AM

Cheers guys,

Looks like I best buy a big exhaust as well

JonnyS - 27/4/10 at 05:34 PM

Abingdon is 100db but Mallory often does 105db days...

Scott W - 28/4/10 at 08:07 AM

If you don't mind travelling a little south of Reading then RAF Odiham have track days as well. Nice little circuit and the longest straight you'll probably come across on a trackday which is entertaining... i.e. you are flat out and cars are overtaking you doing about 50-70mph quicker than you!