Board logo

Rolling road recommendations
flak monkey - 27/4/10 at 01:02 PM

I will be having the car set up properly on a rolling road next month but I have had so many stories of different tuners I just dont know where to take it.

Obviously the closer the better for me (Kings Lynn) but equally I am happy to go up to 150miles for the best result.

I am also using an uncommon feature on the Omex which is dual table blended MAP and TPS.

My 3 main choices and recommendations by reputation so far are below (in no particular order) all charge about the same per hour.

ATSpeed Racing in Essex - seem very knowledgable with Omex systems and are an Omex dealer with years of experience in tuning forced induction. Require a 4-5hour session for full mapping to get the best cruising and full load.

Northampton Motorsport - recommended to me by Titan and also seem very knowledgable. Troy helped me out over the phone with my roller barrel issues.

Track n Road in Essex - again recommended by Titan and have a generally very good reputation. Spoken to Steve Greenald there and he is also very knowledagable and has years of experience.

So any other recommendations or comments on the above to add to the confusion - I need someone who knows Omex inside out and is happy with forced induction on ITB's.

David

m8kwr - 27/4/10 at 01:09 PM

I used hitech motorsport (link) to set up my omex, not as complex as yours though.

I was recommended them from WSCC, very happy with the results, but is going back 4-5 years now though, and about 140 miles away from you i think.

t16turbotone - 27/4/10 at 01:12 PM

john wilcox?

boggle - 27/4/10 at 01:30 PM

i used to use power engineering in uxbridge, but the chap who used to tune my car (chris todd) has left and now has his own company on the same estate...

boggle - 27/4/10 at 01:34 PM

rolling road

ashg - 27/4/10 at 01:48 PM

ATSpeed every time. they did my car and i have never looked back. they also have managed to get 450bhp out of a tubo 1.6 106gti engine which is more than impressive.

call them and speak to colin tell them ash from ckc sent you their way. im sure they will sort you out.

flak monkey - 27/4/10 at 02:00 PM

I have spoken to ATSpeed via email (actually they contacted me) and am very impressed with their knowledge and I know they are active on here and waiting for trader status to be sorted etc etc.

I was just hoping for some feedback etc to help me finally decide

beaver34 - 27/4/10 at 03:28 PM

track and road, without a doubt unreall the knowlage thay have between them, good enough for ford for there own mapping

Danozeman - 27/4/10 at 04:42 PM

I was talking to Bob with the robin hood at cars on the green. He took his to atspeed and said they are excellent. Thats where im taking mine.

David Jenkins - 27/4/10 at 06:24 PM

That's my plan too - although I live just south of Ipswich, I work in Shenfield so I'd be able to drive to work for the morning then nip over to them for the arvo.

If that's sufficient time for the tune-up, of course!