Board logo

Rolling road booked
flak monkey - 1/5/10 at 06:44 PM

Booked the rolling road session for May 17th at ATSpeed for the gts.

Should be an interesting day!

Got to change the supercharger pulley again yet and investigate my gearbox oil drip again as it doesnt seem to be coming from where i initially thought.

Will be the first time i have ever put a car on the rollers, so no doubt will be a little nerve racking!

David

daniel mason - 1/5/10 at 08:36 PM

it will be interesting to see how much power you have after the s/c conversion? it should be pretty damm good with a decent map.
i will be taking mine to daytuner for my rr session and am looking forward to finding out what power im getting! although that may not even be this year at the rate im going.lol

big-vee-twin - 1/5/10 at 08:37 PM

Good luck with the rollers. It will be nice to see how many horses you have squeezed into that engine.

Hope to see you tomorrow.

franky - 2/5/10 at 05:40 PM

should show some good results and a nice smooth curve

flak monkey - 2/5/10 at 07:02 PM

Yeah, I dont have much idea of what sort of power its going to make.

I only have a few others to compare it to.

Caterhams X330 was 330bhp with 0.8 bar (12psi), but that was a 2.3.

Jamsports standard duratec on throttle bodies with 12psi made 320bhp from the 2litre

I have ~8psi with the current pulley at 6000rpm so I guess around 10 at 7000rpm where the limiter is and should make 13-14psi with the next one which will be fitted before the rolling road. Going to be taking the one I have fitted now too though just incase the next one auses belt slip problems....

That said anything over 280bhp will make me happy.

beaver34 - 2/5/10 at 09:52 PM

thats alot of power

flak monkey - 4/5/10 at 01:42 PM

So, one silly question.

Am I more likely to have problems with clutch slip on a rolling road, than I do on the road?

I know its fine on the road...

Be prepared for more over the next couple of weeks

boggle - 4/5/10 at 02:15 PM

surely if you are getting clutch slip then you should be thinking of uprating the clutch??

my drag car had more problems with wheel spin on the rollers because of weight so i imagine that would be your biggest concern....we had 3 people sitting in the boot to try and hold the bloody thing down, and that was only at 400hp....

also, the rollers will make things sound worse than they are....they make a hell of a racket.....

flak monkey - 4/5/10 at 02:17 PM

No, I know its fine on the road, no problems at all.

Its got the highest spec clutch cover I can fit in already.

Was just wondering if its more prone to slip on rollers or not, thats all

boggle - 5/5/10 at 07:15 AM

if it doesnt slip on the road then you shouldnt have a problem......