Board logo

How many BMW based kits
franky - 3/5/10 at 10:13 PM

Were at the show? Apart from Gkd. Thought there was going to be a few kits there?

[Edited on 3/5/10 by franky]

coozer - 3/5/10 at 10:16 PM

MNR, MX5 or 318 based now.

austin man - 3/5/10 at 10:30 PM

MK engineering is working on a Beamer inspired 7. I expect it will bee u to the usual Martin Keenan standard. That being a well designed and built, quality kit

franky - 3/5/10 at 10:33 PM

Fully completed BMW based car on show or plans?

mgmiller - 3/5/10 at 10:47 PM

Luego are now producing viento kits for based on the BMW.

franky - 3/5/10 at 11:01 PM

Sorry, what I meant is were there any
completed kits there or BMW based rolling chassis actually on show.

t.j. - 4/5/10 at 06:05 AM

Not a kit but based on BMW: wiesmann

http://wiesmanncarfan.com/

pdm - 4/5/10 at 07:32 AM

Hi there

I talked to MNR, Luego and of course GKD this weekend.

MNR and Luego are using all BMW donor parts - MNR said 318is was way to go, Luego said anything goes really. MNR are doing a 318is at the moment and Luego said he has a 328i on the go.

Both really impressive kits and both really helpful as well. Seems that it's a case of using existing well proven chassis but moving the brackets around to fit the BMW bits/engines.

MNR had a chassis on show but the notice on it said it would take MX5 or 318 parts. Luego didn't have the chassis on show. They did have the gulf coloured car - it looked brilliant in the flesh and the engine is an absolute monster.

GKD had their blue and red one there all completed and done - had a sit in it and a quick look round. That one is 318is as well I think.

I didn't see the MK one there though and every time I went round to MK Engineering there was loads of people about so I didn't get chance to ask. MK Sports Cars weren't aware of it but aren't they seperate companies anyway ?

One thing I wasn't sure of though was differentials, as I thought the 318is had a small case diff whereas the 6 pots had the bigger case ?

cheers
Paul

zekill - 4/5/10 at 07:56 AM

For MNR the donor car is 318is ... E30 or E36 ?
Can work with RT or RT+ kit ?

Thanks

eddie99 - 4/5/10 at 08:05 AM

I'd look at MNR, Having seen their mx5/bmw chassis this weekend. I'd recommend them highly! Very nice and helpful guys aswell!

pdm - 4/5/10 at 08:14 AM

I think the MNR is meant to be E36 based - but better to ask.

Not too sure about whether you can have an RT(+) based on MX5/E36 - it was one of the things I didn't ask but meant to.

franky - 4/5/10 at 08:19 AM

318is and the e36 6 pots use a med case
diff.