Board logo

Santa Pod
irvined - 14/5/10 at 08:10 AM

Anybody taking their seven to the RWYB at santa pod this weekend?

I'm quite tempted, but I don't have a pair of arm straps, anybody going got a pair I could borrow?

skinned knuckles - 14/5/10 at 10:58 AM

i am not accustomed to open top drag racing so this could be a really daft question, but what are arm straps and why do you need them?

iank - 14/5/10 at 11:02 AM

quote:
Originally posted by skinned knuckles
i am not accustomed to open top drag racing so this could be a really daft question, but what are arm straps and why do you need them?

They are just straps (harness material) that keep your arms inside the rollcage if you roll.

skinned knuckles - 14/5/10 at 11:14 AM

quote:
Originally posted by iank
quote:

They are just straps (harness material) that keep your arms inside the rollcage if you roll.

Ah, makes sense. do they impede your driving at all? can you make your own?

iank - 14/5/10 at 11:23 AM

quote:
quote:
Originally posted by iank
quote:

Ah, makes sense. do they impede your driving at all? can you make your own?

Don't know I'd imagine they would need to be certified for professional racing but for turn up and race I don't know.

There's an example here (at about 0:25)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-mOKe0xzZ4Q&NR=1

grub - 14/5/10 at 12:12 PM

quote:
Originally posted by irvined cant ya just tiewrap ya hands to the steering wheel might need a paddle shift fitting though
Anybody taking their seven to the RWYB at santa pod this weekend?

I'm quite tempted, but I don't have a pair of arm straps, anybody going got a pair I could borrow?

PAUL FISHER - 14/5/10 at 03:45 PM

I just made my own out of webbing from a couple of small cheap rachet straps I bought,2 minutes with the sewing machine to put two arm loops in and job done,they did check that I had them on each time we ran.

[Edited on 19/05/04 by PAUL FISHER]

zilspeed - 14/5/10 at 04:36 PM

And yet, you can go out in a field of Caterhams, Westfields or Locosts, bang wheels, roll end over end and generally have a much more dangerous time, but there are no such things as arm straps.

dlatch - 14/5/10 at 05:41 PM

you need arm straps to run at a RWYB at santapod in a open top kitcar now?

boggle - 18/5/10 at 01:19 PM

its been like that for a few years...