Board logo

Mysterious oil leak traced......
Jon Ison - 24/5/10 at 08:43 PM

Noticed a bit of oil on rear arch thought I must have somehow drove through some and cleaned it off, next run out it reappeared and some along side of car, looked all over for a leak, nothing, accusump is down that side of car so was main suspect but bone dry, eventually traced to a leaking brand new front shocker, the oil must have been spraying out in a very fine mist.

Only found it as the car started to feel odd under hard braking, dipping to one side as if one brake was more effective than other, that's a GAZ warranty job then, knew I should have listened.

tomgregory2000 - 24/5/10 at 08:51 PM

another one with leaky gaz shocks then, dont be supprised when they come back and still leak

MakeEverything - 24/5/10 at 09:45 PM

im shocked (haha) at the number of complaints that Gaz shocks get. I had a full set for the mini and they were fine, but on here its one a month.

You would think they would do something about it rather than all the warranty work!

Another company destined for destruction if they dont change their ways.

locoR1 - 25/5/10 at 03:57 AM

That not good news ive put GAZ shocks on mine over winter, was realy happy with them till i read this thread

Are they realy that bad? My old spax had been on the car 8 years and still dry as a bone.