Board logo

How much should I be asking?
Dangle_kt - 19/7/10 at 03:08 PM

Hoping I won't have to sell, but with the current NHS job situation, who knows!

So, trying to figure out what sort of cash I should be looking for my BEC - here is the spec.

Locost 7, built to compete in the locost race series but never made it to the track - very nicely welded chassis

It did have a full cage, but it really limited visabilty, so only the properly braced and welded in rear section remains

SVA'd in Oct 2009

Honda Fireblade -CBR900RRS engine, as it is just under 900cc it avoids the insurance hike on 900+ bike engines

Dunning Fairbank TRT Prop

Woszher's rose jointed wishbones
fitted, with front end geometry set up by him - self centres nicely now and handles very well.

The majority of the build was carried out by a professional (photo log to show how comprehensive the build was)

The electrics were also carried out professionally

Westfield manifold with repackable end can

4 point harnesses

Full savage switches

Speedo healer v4

DAX SVA bars - I like the look

185/60/13 Yokohama A539 tyres - sporty, whilst being practical in mixed conditions - excellent tread left.

Stainless braided hoses all round

Passed noise regs for SVA and Oulton

Taxed till November 2010

Tested till Oct 2012!!

only picture I have at the moment - obviously I'll take more, at some beauty spot before I put it up for sale.

The car is bags of fun, and if it has to go I will be gutted but may need to release cash from assets

I am thinking £4999 no offers - which seems pretty reasonable for a BEC that is under a year old...

car
car

[Edited on 19/7/10 by Dangle_kt]

[Edited on 19/7/10 by Dangle_kt]

smart51 - 19/7/10 at 03:20 PM

Who made the chassis? I think that more than anything can determine the price. If you can claim it to be a Stuart Taylor or something it will be worth more than a "home built". Sadly.

Dangle_kt - 19/7/10 at 03:22 PM

Its not a branded chassis, otherwise I'd be asking more.

andrew.carwithen - 19/7/10 at 04:24 PM

I sold my similar spec and age Avon last week for 6.5k
So, I think taking into account that yours isn't a chassis from a recognised manufacturer, you've pitched the price about right.