Board logo

Gaaaah!! What a Plank I am!! Help!
russbost - 27/7/10 at 07:49 AM

Have put my father in laws Mondeo up for sale on Ebay as spares/repair - spot the deliberate error
Link

Yes, it's now a Modeo rather than a Mondeo. Ebay won't let me edit the title. I go to "revise my item" & it will only allow me to add a note - any way I can change this as it's not going to come up in search results?

graememk - 27/7/10 at 07:53 AM

We've just got him a smaller car in the hope it will fit thro' some of the gaps he's been aiming the Mondeo at! :=)

MakeEverything - 27/7/10 at 08:07 AM

I dont think you can edit the title, because this is how ebay make their money.

RichardK - 27/7/10 at 08:20 AM

End it early and do another add

m8kwr - 27/7/10 at 08:37 AM

Thats if they use the title search, but the car search engine thing use what you have put in the "Item specifics", which are correct.

LINK

It has 4 bids so people have found it

russbost - 27/7/10 at 08:58 AM

Thought that might be the case! Oh Bum!
Don't think it's worth putting another ad in as it's not expected to make much anyway & by the time paid for another ad then hardly worth it - there you go - bargain for somebody!

bonzoronnie - 27/7/10 at 09:35 AM

As far as I can recal, you are not allowed to alter the title once a bid has been placed.

Perhaps if you feel you are going to get a really bad deal from the sale, it might be worth cancelling all of the bids ( Error in listing )

Edit the title .... You could allways add an appology to the head of the description.

If the bidders are genuine, they'll understand & bid again

Could save you the cost of re-listing or selling it for a lot less than it's worth

Triton - 27/7/10 at 09:43 AM

Re advertise it as ebay has some daft rules that won't allow you to edit titles, I have fallen foul of it and should have ended the item early but like a twit I let it run and the item went for next to nowt...heyo!

bonzoronnie - 27/7/10 at 10:06 AM

Here's a linky that may help

http://pages.ebay.co.uk/help/sell/edit_listing.html

I have had to cancel bids in order to alter a listing many times.

Not done it recently but as far as I am aware, the rules have not changed !!