Board logo

My first Vid (car running)
Stott - 29/8/10 at 08:33 PM

Here's my first vid.

It's my RH S3 2.0 Pinto running. I actually got it driving in 1997 but this is second time around if you will. I had left it stagnent for about 9 years full of just water and the gaskets had all wept, waterways wrecked with big rust flakes etc. So this is the second build of essentially a new engine, this time with an U/L head. It's been running since June.

Just thought I'd share. Notice the "chief helper" in the vid. Come September when her and my son get their butts to school, I might get a bit done............

I had to suck a bit of petrol up to it to get it going, now she's spent the afternoon going around the estate telling everyone "daddy was drinking petrol" lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xLi5ruZt0o

stevegough - 29/8/10 at 08:48 PM

Well done, sounds sweet....

Two points from your video -

1. - was she at all aware the video camera was running?
2. - open the main garage door - carbon monoxide doesn't do you (or 'her' any good.....or was that the idea?

Stott - 29/8/10 at 09:16 PM

1: I don't think she knew tbh, she's very camera shy

2: We're Welsh, we like that sort of thing. (seriously though, the main door is knackered and doesn't open, that's why I tell her to get out halfway through, then when I go to fiddle with the car she's back in there and acting)

atb
Stott

stevegough - 30/8/10 at 08:34 AM

Sorry, didn't realise you were Welsh - it explains a lot.

Just realised, its about time I changed my avatar - the build has progressed a lot sice that pic - in fact I am nearly ready to start my engine for the first time.....

Litemoth - 30/8/10 at 10:35 AM

Top stuff..

The car certainly aint the star of the vid of course

So what's wrong with drinking petrol then?

MakeEverything - 30/8/10 at 10:51 AM

Looks like she'll be a biker bird though...

Nice one. Looks as though someone was excited at least, isnit.

[Edited on 30-8-10 by MakeEverything]

Stott - 31/8/10 at 06:22 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MakeEverything

isnit

[Edited on 30-8-10 by MakeEverything]

Innit

PS glad you like it Mark, see, I have been working on it!...........