Board logo

My first break with my second hand Skriker
bi22le - 17/9/10 at 06:09 PM

So I have had my Striker for a good 4 months or so and have covered about 3K+ miles. This includes a run for two to the ring (no pun intended!) and lots of early morning raggings!

So the problem. . .

Well the day before my wedding (last week) I had the day off to settle my self and finish any running around. Perfect weather so the RAW came out to play. I came out of Sainsburys car park and 'PANG' my clutch cable snapped. I have had some felling through the clutch something was not right over the last 20 miles bet did not know what it was.

I could of done with not doing this the day before my wedding with plenty of running around to do!

So a new cable is needed but I found out it is a Mk2 1.6 Capri cable. Would of been nice if it was something abit more common!!

Anybody recommend a good old skool ford supplier?

[Edited on 17/9/10 by bi22le]

doddy - 17/9/10 at 06:19 PM

on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FORD-CAPRI-MKII-1300-1600-CLUTCH-CABLE-NEW-/310039173426?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item482fc65932

bi22le - 17/9/10 at 06:29 PM

yeah lots on ebay.

They all seem to have the same ends but different lengths. I think I will go for a 3.0 V6 as it seems shorter which seems more suitable.

bitsilly - 17/9/10 at 06:59 PM

If you send it to Speedy Cables they will make one for you.
They are good value too!

Humbug - 17/9/10 at 07:15 PM

Go to a motor factors with the broken cable so they can match the ends and you can pick a suitable length... guess how I know to suggest that? :?

stevebubs - 17/9/10 at 08:25 PM

Speedshack
www.speedshack.co.uk

Old Ford
www.oldfordautos.co.uk

JekRankin - 17/9/10 at 09:43 PM

I think you can get them from Burton Power's website, think they have all the lengths on there too?

Sorry no link though , my internet connection seems to be playing up!

Jek

bmseven - 18/9/10 at 10:12 AM

Yep BurtonPower just across the river from you
http://www.burtonpower.com/default.aspx

bi22le - 18/9/10 at 12:44 PM

Humbug I dont think that is a bad idea.Although the person that I speak to will have to be quite tolerable and knowledgeable otherwise Ill just get frustrated!!