Board logo

important things to buy or not?
AndyW - 25/9/10 at 06:23 PM

Hi all,

Bit of an odd one really but I have an idea as to the order of my build. Im at the stage where suspension built with shocks, rear diff in and drive shafts, brakes on. I have all the brake pipes. I have a 2.0 zetec black top. I have steering column minus cowlings. What I dont have is a lrger list. But before I go listing all the obvious things, my question is, what would people recommend I purchase as the most important parts down to the least, i.e is the wiring harness the next big purchase, and dont worry about wing mirrors yet. I have a budget of about £500 to spend at the mo and want to make sure I buy stuff that I can fit rather than waiting a year to fit. Suggetions please, and remember it just peeps opinions so lets not get funny with each others suggestions..

Thanks

Andy

lotusmadandy - 25/9/10 at 06:29 PM

Gearbox,flywheel,clutch,engine mounts and prop.unless of course,you already have them.

Andy

RichardK - 25/9/10 at 06:30 PM

For starters

Engine in, so that's engine mounts, gear box mount and then you can measure for the prop shaft which is a £100 touch.

Cheers

Rich

Doh too late

[Edited on 25/9/10 by RichardK]

l0rd - 25/9/10 at 06:38 PM

Fit the drivetrain and then the loom. Get a scuttle and the gauges. By the time you finish with electrics, you will have raised enough dosh for the next parts

[Edited on 25/9/10 by l0rd]