Board logo

Spotted, no photo but made me laugh!
bi22le - 27/9/10 at 09:43 PM

I had a long trip to Norwich and back today and spotted a Tesla (just incase you dont know its a battery powered Lotus Elise really).

Funny thing was that it was pi$$ing it down. Wonder if he felt worried driving a (relatively new and untested) battery powered supercar. I bet he wore rubber trousers just incase it leaked!!

l0rd - 27/9/10 at 09:49 PM

nahh

bet you though that with this weather, winter coming and not enough light, he can only drive it for 5m

bi22le - 27/9/10 at 09:54 PM

He did have lovely bright Halogen lights on!

balidey - 28/9/10 at 06:42 AM

quote:
Originally posted by l0rd
nahh

bet you though that with this weather, winter coming and not enough light, he can only drive it for 5m

He had a choice, lights or wipers. He chose lights.

I like to imagine it driving along sparking like a dodgem car

steve m - 28/9/10 at 10:28 AM

Also being a lots of trouble usually serious
i doubt the wipers worked

dhutch - 28/9/10 at 11:31 AM

Last weekend i took the kit up to rossendale (30mins north of manchester) from staffordshire and returned in the rain (screen and doors on, but no roof or tonnue) and witnessed a Prius move from the outside lane to the hard shoulder with some speed. Made me smile.

Daniel

vinny1275 - 28/9/10 at 01:10 PM

quote:
Originally posted by dhutch
Last weekend i took the kit up to rossendale (30mins north of manchester) from staffordshire and returned in the rain (screen and doors on, but no roof or tonnue) and witnessed a Prius move from the outside lane to the hard shoulder with some speed. Made me smile.

Daniel

I realise people must be daft to accept the greenwashing about the Prius, but it's a hybrid - a petrol engine and batteries. How stupid must you be to run out of petrol *and* charge?

whitestu - 28/9/10 at 03:10 PM

quote:

I realise people must be daft to accept the greenwashing about the Prius, but it's a hybrid - a petrol engine and batteries. How stupid must you be to run out of petrol *and* charge?

You won't get very far in a Prius without petrol - in Electric vehicle mode the battery on mine runs down in a mile or so.

mangogrooveworkshop - 28/9/10 at 05:43 PM

quote:
Originally posted by whitestu
quote:

You won't get very far in a Prius without petrol - in Electric vehicle mode the battery on mine runs down in a mile or so.

That means you could just about meet us at the cafe

sebastiaan - 28/9/10 at 07:21 PM

quote:
Originally posted by mangogrooveworkshop
quote:
Originally posted by whitestu
quote:

That means you could just about meet us at the cafe

And not get back home, which is probably a good thing!

Norfolkluegojnr - 28/9/10 at 08:29 PM

I live in norwich, seen that tesla once or twice. seriously fast

sounds crap though

[Edited on 28/9/10 by Norfolkluegojnr]

Simon - 3/10/10 at 08:48 PM

AT Brighton Speed Trials this year, I was just commenting to a friend that we'd never seen any electric cars and; lo and behold...... two Teslas.

Both (strangely) did 12 and a bit sec 1/4's. I was impressed.

I think it was these that when charging is like having your kettle on ....

for 27 hours

ATB

Simon