Board logo

How do you sue the BBC - ruined fuel tank painting :(
MikeR - 16/10/10 at 08:33 PM

Right, I'm really frustrated with the BBC weather web site. For the last two days i've checked the forecast in the morning and started to paint my fuel tank.

Both days its not going to rain till the evening. BOTH days its rained in the middle of the day - just when i'm painting the damned tank outside. ARRGGHH.

Now does anyone know any of these no win / fee lawyers that do ruined painting instead of car crashes or accidents at work?

big_wasa - 16/10/10 at 08:37 PM

yep pushed mine in and out a few times for a sharp shower today.

iank - 16/10/10 at 08:39 PM

I've learnt never to trust the BBC weather reports they frequently change completely during the day.

mangogrooveworkshop - 16/10/10 at 08:42 PM

quote:
Originally posted by MikeR
Right, I'm really frustrated with the BBC weather web site. For the last two days i've checked the forecast in the morning and started to paint my fuel tank.

Both days its not going to rain till the evening. BOTH days its rained in the middle of the day - just when i'm painting the damned tank outside. ARRGGHH.

Now does anyone know any of these no win / fee lawyers that do ruined painting instead of car crashes or accidents at work?

There is only one weather site i trust http://www.raintoday.co.uk/

shows the rain exactly as its happening

loggyboy - 16/10/10 at 10:37 PM

The clue is in its name:

fore·cast (fôrkst, fr-)
v. fore·cast or fore·cast·ed, fore·cast·ing, fore·casts
v.tr.
1. To estimate or calculate in advance, especially to predict (weather conditions) by analysis of meteorological data. See Synonyms at predict.
2. To serve as an advance indication of; foreshadow: price increases that forecast inflation.
v.intr.
To calculate or estimate something in advance; predict the future.
n.
A prediction, as of coming events or conditions.

splitrivet - 16/10/10 at 11:44 PM

you cant trust forecasts they change just like the weather

[Edited on 16/10/10 by splitrivet]

balidey - 17/10/10 at 08:35 AM

There's going to be a 50% chance of rain today.
That means it will either rain, or it won't.

dhutch - 17/10/10 at 11:31 AM

I like METCHECK

Ninehigh - 17/10/10 at 07:51 PM

You do realise the weather report is little more than an educated guess, and you'd probably be better off by looking at your cat?

Ours is eating like a motherf***er and getting pretty fat. I reckon we're gonna have a c-c-c-cold winter

MikeR - 18/10/10 at 09:05 AM

quote:
Originally posted by Ninehigh
You do realise the weather report is little more than an educated guess, and you'd probably be better off by looking at your cat?

Ours is eating like a motherf***er and getting pretty fat. I reckon we're gonna have a c-c-c-cold winter

Its a very educated guess - you've got to study for years to get into the met office. The thing is, i'm not looking at a long range forecast. I'm looking in the morning ofr 4 hours time ..... if they can't get that right, what hope is there for humanity (ok, possibly a slight over reaction).

Ninehigh - 18/10/10 at 07:49 PM

I'd blame global warming then...

MikeR - 18/10/10 at 08:01 PM

i blame climate change

and degrees getting too easy

and the bankers ........

Ninehigh - 19/10/10 at 08:02 AM

And the youth of today getting stupid and becoming drunken muggers of our old people who were in all the wars you know (yes there are some but anyone younger than my dad wasn't)

We shall blame cancer, and everything that causes it, and we shall rename this forum dailymailreaders.co.uk