Board logo

bloody garage
chrisxr2 - 10/1/11 at 03:08 PM

Nipped down to the garage i rent of the council to give the roadster a once over and its damp as a damp thing, and obviously leaky. (The garage not the car) Took months to find a place to the store the car, and to be honest it wouldnt be too worse of outside with a cover, need to look for somewhere else to store it. Dont get much for 40 quid a month though, even in lincolnshire.

mcerd1 - 10/1/11 at 03:58 PM

I assume you'll be asking the council to sort it

but look on the bright side - at least yours won't be leaking as much as mine

chrisxr2 - 10/1/11 at 04:10 PM

took forever to get the hole fixed, and got free rent for 5 months and compensation, will look at sorting it a bit mysef first methinks.

ChrisW - 10/1/11 at 04:29 PM

Get a shipping container. Well pleased with my two. Just popped over to make sure all was well - not a hint of condensation inside!

Chris

[Edited on 1/10/2011 by ChrisW]

mads - 10/1/11 at 04:45 PM

Chris,
what sort of price do those containers cost? and how wide are they... cant see how a seven would fit in one of those!

ashg - 10/1/11 at 04:58 PM

they do there are at least 2 people building roadsters in them over on the haynes forum

catman - 10/1/11 at 05:32 PM

they cost about £800-1000 dropped off at your place, but you should be able to sell it for simular when finished, make sure you get one with insulation roof or you will get condensation.

Ed

ChrisW - 10/1/11 at 07:32 PM

The regular size is 8ft wide by 8ft high. 'high cube' are 9.5ft high. You can get 40ft or 20ft length.

I got two delivered, both 40ft, one regular height one high cube, for £3200. That seemed fair. I pay a tenner a week per container to a farmer to keep them on his land. No insulation in them, but I do have them raised 3ft up off the ground on concrete blocks so they don't get damp rising up from the ground.

Add a lock box - there's a guy on eBay that sells them - and they're pretty secure too.

Chris

bigfoot4616 - 10/1/11 at 07:35 PM

the one i rent for work storage has an insulated roof and still condensates. costs me £130 a month as well