Board logo

Update a couple of days late (sorry) Pic heavy
speedyxjs - 11/1/11 at 01:25 PM

I promised an update over the weekend but never got time so took advantage of a quiet hour at work to tidy the car up and get some piccys. Other than a bit of wiring to tidy, a rear fog light, nosecone grill and a bonnet, i think its pretty much ready to IVA

The paint job is... well terrible but will be resprayed over the winter (next year) by a customer who says he will do it in exchange for some work on his car. Ground clearance has gone from 4" chassis to ground to 5.5" to give me 3.5 under the sump which looks a bit wierd but so does any seven with 225/55/16 tyres

nick205 - 11/1/11 at 02:56 PM

Looking good.

Are your front tyres the wrong way round - the tread pattern looks upside down?

r1_pete - 11/1/11 at 03:03 PM

Thats coming on well.

Didn't you have TR6 wings tacked on at one bit? good to see you abandoned that route.

mrwibble - 11/1/11 at 03:49 PM

my thats a small engine...

is that a cable tie holding the brake pipe on near the t piece?

speedyxjs - 11/1/11 at 03:55 PM

quote:

Looking good. Are your front tyres the wrong way round - the tread pattern looks upside down?

Yes lol. Thats what i get for letting my dad do something

quote:

Thats coming on well. Didn't you have TR6 wings tacked on at one bit? good to see you abandoned that route.

yes [shudder] I still think it could have worked with the right skill and effort. Unfortunately, i dont have either :p

quote:

my thats a small engine... is that a cable tie holding the brake pipe on near the t piece?

Yeah, its stopping the flexi pipe moving too much. Is that an IVA failure?

big_wasa - 11/1/11 at 05:55 PM

I look forward to seing you at Newark in mine