Board logo

Charity Donations Instead of Payment
lsdweb - 16/1/11 at 10:08 PM

Hi All

Over the past few months I've started 'asking' for charity donations instead of payment for stuff I've sold on here. Every single person has been generous and honest!

I notice that others are doing the same.

I just wanted to try and encourage others to do the same................. :-)

Wyn

SPYDER - 16/1/11 at 11:52 PM

I have recently done the same thing. I even introduced a quiz question in order to "win" the giveaway.
I normally leave it up to the "winner" to decide on a beneficiary, but will in future, if asked, suggest a donation to a charity that might benefit a Locoster.

Air Ambulance maybe??

Or more likely Samaritans!!

Geoff.

lsdweb - 17/1/11 at 07:36 AM

I usually suggest a cancer charity as it's something that affects so many lives and I lost my mum to cancer a few years ago.

liam.mccaffrey - 17/1/11 at 08:26 AM

I don't sell a lot but when folk have given me stuff for nothing I always make a donation in their name.

Lymphoma Association for me.

stevegough - 17/1/11 at 08:55 AM

quote:
Originally posted by SPYDER
in future, if asked, suggest a donation to a charity that might benefit a Locoster.

Air Ambulance maybe??

Or more likely Samaritans!!

Geoff.

Alan B - 18/1/11 at 04:02 PM

Or maybe Locosters Anonymous...

Hi I'm Alan and I'm a locoster.......

MikeR - 18/1/11 at 04:32 PM

G/f thinks it should be Locostbuilders Anonymous .........

I'm a locostbuilder and i spend too much time on this site!

I'd say pick a charity that is close to your heart. That way you know you've made a difference to something you care about.

Ninehigh - 18/1/11 at 09:46 PM

Actually that's a bloody good idea!

Hey maybe we should set up a locostbuilders charity, a fund to loan people that hundred or so quid for the IVA or to replace a damaged wheel or something..